DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 ram 1500 sport with the 5.9. i just put a cat back on it and it was so quiet that i removed the muffler (flowmaster 40 series) and just ran pipe and no muffler, and now its throaty, but still not loud(even for being straight pipes). this thing has a cat on it that is 12k old, it was replaced under warranty at the dealer because it was plugged. the original one was one pipe into it and one pipe out of it. the new one is two in and one out. and it seems like it has so much restriction(obvious from lack of noise) and it takes hills like crap now. any one know how to remedy the problem? or is there infact a problem?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Get a Magnaflow Cat from Ebay. ( around 88 bucks new ) It really let my exhaust flow better, and made my muffler louder. A local exhaust put it on for $30. The guy that sells them on Ebay can tell you the part # for the one on your truck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yep, ebay....Mine should be here tomorrow and I really hope it does all the good things I've heard about.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Go with two catalytic converters to get lower backpressure.

Don't believe the flow numbers the aftermarket cat makers tell you - go with two.

Don't fall for the 'you can see thru it' line either.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Did you all find a direct replacement off ebay of just the cat? I have to get mine replaced but was not sure about buying just the cat since the two pipes from the manafolds run right into the cat.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes...a direct replacement, dual in and single out I think it is Magnaflow #94031

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yup, thats what I got also!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ahhh I got in on today. WOW it sounds so much better then the stock cat.

·
Registered
413 Posts
2 hi-flow cats is better than one, then while your at it, put in an x-pipe, 2 flowmasters, dual exhaust is the only way to go.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just ordered that magnaflow 94037 cat from summit racing, its cheaper from them than it is on ebay. and i got it 2 day air shipped for only 9 bucks more. ill let you guys know what happens

·
Registered
99 Posts
My cat I picked up for $66.42 from performance peddler with free shipping part #94047 duel in single out 3" cat comes with bung for 02 sensor

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wow, I didnt know there were places that are cheaper than Ebay!!

·
mope
531 Posts
Just ditch the cat and put a sim. in. It sounds even better!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
No check engine lights. I even removed both of them so I could work with the pipe

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
dougwood said:
My cat I picked up for $66.42 from performance peddler with free shipping part #94047 duel in single out 3" cat comes with bung for 02 sensor
Performance Peddler is awesome - I got a 'forum' login (from another site) that gets you true wholesale prices on everything they sell.

Got my Magnaflow cat-back (#15727) from them - $355 (regularly $459) AND Free shipping. Got it in two days!

PM me if you want the login and/or more details.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So i had summit drop ship the cat from magnaflow and paid for second day air, now it has been almost a week and no cat :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.