DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Air Ram or something home-made.
The Air Ram is the epitome of Cold Air Induction and I don't think I've ever heard anyone cry about having one. It's a monster 4" induction system.

I personally don't have the bank to throw down on one yet so I made a system that replaces the air resonator and the corrugated rubber intake tube - you can see it in My Gallery.
I lost a little low-end torque but I think that may be due to the torque management robbing me.
I'm not going to complain too much because the truck doesn't spin them off the line which is what I want - TRACTION.
I did see an improvement on the top end with my induction system - almost a .5 sec taken off of my ET and almost 2mph gained thru the traps.
All told it cost me a short trip to Home Depot and about $35-40 to make.

After you decide on what you want for an induction system head over to Air Ram's website and pick up the Powerwire and Jetstream dustpan.
He has a package deal for about $80 total for both items.

I put both on my truck and my "butt-dyno" says I've got more power.
I'll find out for sure tonight as I am headed out to Ennis for some test 'n tune drag racing.

Do your own research and be realistic with what your wallet can afford.
You have MANY options.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
What he said.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just Bought the =AIR=RAM=> with K&N Filter: 2002-2005 4.7L AIR RAM KIT & JET STREAM SCOOP
Yeah can't wait till it's here they said it should ship 1 1/2 weeks

·
ABRam
102 Posts
difference

Any one with home made intakes notice a difference in anything. I am thinking about removing the hemi hat, and keeping the air box. You guys just using 3" piping from the t.b. to the air box? Anyways thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It works.
I plan on upgrading to 4" PVC soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Leigh Thompson said:
I just Bought the =AIR=RAM=> with K&N Filter: 2002-2005 4.7L AIR RAM KIT & JET STREAM SCOOP
Yeah can't wait till it's here they said it should ship 1 1/2 weeks
Leigh, thank you for choosing AIR RAM INDUCTION.... we did receive your order and I just wanted to make sure you understand the turn time.... I just want to make sure its clear.

Our advertised turn time is approximatly 3-4 weeks. At this moment we are closer to a 3 week turn time and if things keep on track they way they have been by the time we get to your order we may be close to a two week turn time.... but thats a 2-3 week turn time.... and our advertised is still 3-4 week....

The reason I want to make this clear is I dont want you to be UNHAPPY if I dont meet your expectations on the turn time... I know you will be pleased with EVERYTHING else.

I know that if you count on the advertised 3-4 week turn time you will be even HAPPYER if you get it sooner.

Our turn time has been an advertised 4 week turn since DAY 1 April 2002, and with the demand not showing signs of slowing down our turn time is a thorn in our side, we would rather NOT have a turn time, but we do... So PLEASE understand the turn time.

If you have ANY additional questions please feel free to contact me.

817 800 7760

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.