DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 04 Intrepid ES 3.5L. Found codes P0340, P0344, P0430, P0420, P1776, P0871. Dodge Dealer replaced both CATS, four 02 Sensors, Pressure Sensor in trans (because of limp mode) and plugs were changed with factory suggested plugs about 1 month ago. Now car is misfiring like crazy, stalls and gas mileage has fallen to roughly 200 miles per tank from roughly 300 miles per tank and the engine light still on. I checked code myself by turning key 3 times and found code P0300 and dealer wants more $$$$$$ to check car out after already receiving just over $2k. The Car runs worse (engine wise) than it did before going to the dealer.
The good news is; car nolonger goes into limp mode. When I'm on the Hwy, this car runs, but if I give it too much excelleration at once, it wants to putter out. What's happening here? Any suggestions.

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
Have they tested for a vacuum leak? Bad IAT/MAP sensor? Both would cause the P0300 random misfire code-- its not common, but sometimes the plenum gasket will get sucked in and cause a leak. Also, has the fuel pressure been checked? Low fuel pressure would cause the same thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just had the same thing, it ended up being a crankshaft sensor. I think it was $45.00 for the part and about 20 minutes to change.

Your symptoms sound exactly the same.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I have no repair manual for this car; where is that sensor be located??? I'll do my research on this immediately, but if you have the answer before I get it, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.