Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.

Me and a buddy came across this vehicle. Figured we could sink a couple bucks into it and alittle time and make a couple bucks. After doing some searching I'm not coming up with right next to nothing as to what to list this for a fair value.

This is a 71 sportsman with a slant 6. I'm thinking we are the third owner, the second one couldn't make it go. I think I probably gave it it's first valve adjustment. It has 44k on it. Has minimal surface rust. Small ding in the side back door pasanger side caused by opening the wheel chair lift into something. The lift is circa 95 and somewhat dangerous . IMHO. Already stories. Actually the front and rear side bumpers have some dings, small other things passanger side. Needs bigger mirrors maybe.

Any thoughts on this. I'll be putting in a new gas tank this weekend and can take some more picts. Just looking for a ballpark estimate. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Clean looking piece. Sadly the /6 is going to lower the value. Max $2000.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

·
Registered
150 Posts
At 45-years old its more likely it has 244K miles on it, so if the engine or tranny is original you might be looking at rebuilding them right about now.
Never know. If that's original shape without any rebuilding then it's possible it was never driven. I've seen 55's with lower miles than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.