Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm no mechanic by any means, I've searched all over the place for an answer to this...I keep hearing battery, battery connections, starter, solenoid...

Well I know where the battery is...and the top post connectors.

It's getting a little juice b/c the light and all work, but last night they started going bat shit crazy.

So if starter, where is that located? Drivers side? or Passenger side (close to battery) or Passenger side on right side of Transmission?

Please help.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Might just be loose cable somewhere, have you checked?
... Clean/check for loose cable connections at batt (baking soda in water neutralizes acid for cleaning), check cables at block and solenoid/starter, grounds etc; check battery voltage, 12.6 volts (dc) is very good, charge batt if req.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is under right side by transmission.

Drivers side, near fuse boxes...

Cables are tight. Now I hear a buzzing coming from the fuse boxes underneath. Not sure where to find the starter at, can't find a clear enough diagram to show me either. Forgive my ignorance but, never got the pleasure to learn about mechanics.

I'll take a pic of what I managed to tap on, and hopefully it's something repairable and easy...

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Follow the big positive (should be red) batt cable to the solenoid/starter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow the big positive (should be red) batt cable to the solenoid/starter.
The Pos wire splits off into two directions...toward the Alternator, and then down beneath everything on passenger side. I can't seem to see anything resembling a solenoid/starter, I've looked up the replacement and know what it looks like uninstalled but on vehicle I can't find it.

Can't find anyone I know that can walk me through, no decent videos...

Could this be a need to replace battery or definitely a starter issue?

Thanks for your patience...

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The Pos wire splits off into two directions...
From the battery, "follow the biggest red cable" (red cable to alt is small one); yup, you likely need old/dirty duds or coveralls and a flashlight or trouble light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the battery, "follow the biggest red cable" (red cable to alt is small one); yup, you likely need old/dirty duds or coveralls and a flashlight or trouble light.
Thanks for the help and idea's...I did what I should have done in the first place, located a battery, changed the terminals out, and it crank right up. :serious

Always the easiest thing checked last, thanks so much for your patience.

~Casey

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Good to hear it's running; and thanks for being respectful and concluding the thread (threads left hanging are mostly worthless). ... Welcome to DT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.