DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
lassenloop said:
He said he was an E4 which means he probably makes about $2200-$2600 a month, depending on situation.

I thought that was 04lbram that said he was an E-4. I dont remember seeing him post what kind of occupation he had.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes, that is correct. I'm an E-4 in the military which means I make about $2200 for bring home pay after taxes. The biggest thing right now is I will have my credit cards which are almost paid (over half contributed from ex) so any money I can save will help.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
wow, an attack on Americans bitching LOL. Here in America we have the right to bitch So smile and have a nice day.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
04lbram, You serve our country. You can bitch as loud as you want! You have earned the right to. Also being divorced gets you one extra right to be concerned about money. I hear you loud and clear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
whoa guys I'm not trying to turn this into a flaming thread. Just looking for advice right now. I drive a lot so I do spend about $350 to $400 in gas alone.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Don't dismiss riding a bike even part way, or walking.

Driving the 'dangerous' part of your commute route, then parking and walking the rest of the way is a much better way to lose weight than dieting, which almost never works.

Every 1 mile you walk burns off 100 calories.

When the walks add up to 35 miles you have burned off a pound of fat.

If you walk the last 2 miles that will only take up about 30 minutes.

That 4 mile round trip will result in a pound of weight loss every 2 weeks.

You can lose 25 pounds a year that way, and most people need to lose 25 lbs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
HankL said:
Don't dismiss riding a bike even part way, or walking.

Driving the 'dangerous' part of your commute route, then parking and walking the rest of the way is a much better way to lose weight than dieting, which almost never works.

Every 1 mile you walk burns off 100 calories.

When the walks add up to 35 miles you have burned off a pound of fat.

If you walk the last 2 miles that will only take up about 30 minutes.

That 4 mile round trip will result in a pound of weight loss every 2 weeks.

You can lose 25 pounds a year that way, and most people need to lose 25 lbs.

Thank You Dr. Drew. :elton:

·
Hmm, I wasn't speeding
431 Posts
Honestly, id suggest getting a motorcycle for riding to and from base and you could keep the truck. I used to be in too and my wife dumped me after being in korea [ i was an e4 too. If you want shoot me an email and Ill let you know how i got through it at DM. BTW, Where are you stationed?

[email protected]

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.