1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
reg cab

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would have to say that a regular cab might be made into a better off roader. In many situations weight can be a problem off road. So a lighter regular cab should be a better starting point for an off roader.

·
The White Collar Redneck
1,807 Posts
Wheel-base is important. You're less likley to high center a regular cab.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Turn radius makes a difference too. Regular cab wins on all accounts short of taking passengers along for the ride.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Reg cab in most situations. Short wheel base + lighter weight = more hairier places you can get into on the trail :D

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I hate turning my truck around in the woods. My dad and I took his single cab short box hunting last year and I couldn't beleive the places we turned around. The ideal truck is the Single Cab Short Box Power Wagon- please let Ram answer our prayers and build the one pictured above!

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Regular cabs. They create better breakover angles.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
A RCSB will turn sharper than a QCSB, however a QCSB has the same wheelbase as a RCLB and will have the same turning radius. Although a RCSB will turn sharper, they are only available in 1500s and therefore will have an IFS. I would much rather have the live axle of a 2500/3500 for off road durability. Also a QCSB will have a better front/rear weight distribution, with a little more weight on the rear axle (not a huge difference) which helps with traction in some circumstances.

A RCSB will have the best turning radius, but there are other factors, especially if you have a family to go along. Just have to decide what is most important for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.