DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at different 2/4 drop kits, and im curious as to which is better for ride quality, traction, etc for the rearend... Lowering leaf springs, or flip kit. I have heard that wheel hop is an issue with flip kits... but I already have a wheel hop issue and Im not even lowered yet! I guess I could save some money on the flip kit and get some traction bars.... but im not sure which to get. Im new to the performance truck them and this is my first Ram, help me out guys!!

Oh btw, im looking at getting the Belltech 2/4 Drop with springs up front, leafs or flip kit in the back with Nitro shocks... (not sure what the difference between the active and regular shocks are either... anyone know?)

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
You'll find lots of info in the sport truck forum, by browsing and doing a search: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173

But to answer shortly, usually, flip kits gives better and/or softer ride where leafs give better handling and/or stiffer ride. Never had a flip kit, but have lowering leafs from hotchkis along with a lowering shackle, and the ride is fine for me, though could probably be considered stiff to some.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hows your traction with the leaf spring? and did you use the shackles to lower more after the leafs?

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
I have a 4.7L with 3.55 gears and 305/40/22 tires so I don't have much of a test for off the line traction... But I am switching to 4.56 gears so I'll find out more about that soon.

And yes, I put the shackles on to lower rear about an extra 1 1/2"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.