DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knows what some quick mods are for my 2006 4.7 ram i need some advice.
mods i alredy have are ...

4" cat back magnaflow
K&N AIR FILTER
 

·
Valdez Racing Team
Joined
·
13,913 Posts
...powerwire...quick an cheap... k&n? is that a drop in?...research the ebay cai's, $80.00 shipped for mine, following is a pic, also, get a Y-pipe or have a muffler shop make you one.. these mods are basic an inexpensive and you will feel an improvement...
 

Attachments

·
Valdez Racing Team
Joined
·
13,913 Posts
4" catback? is that for the tip itself or the piping out of the muffler, if it's piping, that's way too big...yul lose low-end torque...
 

·
PROJECT SRT-345
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
3" is still too big for a 4.7... It has been determined that 2.25" for the 4.7 is the best and 2.5" for the HEMI

Jason
 

·
PROJECT SRT-345
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
freshracer said:
Hey Where Would I Get A Power Wire For My Truck?
The only place you can get them is directly from Nick (Air_Ram) who is a vendor on our site... Go to his website and order.. http://airram.com might as well get the Jet Stream Scoop while your at it...

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
Sport98 said:
3" is still too big for a 4.7... It has been determined that 2.25" for the 4.7 is the best and 2.5" for the HEMI

Jason
Who told you that?? The stock piping is a 3", so if a 2.5 was better then why wouldnt Dodge have saved some money and went with a 2.5" from the factory. I have to disagree with you on this one.
 

·
Hemi2nV
Joined
·
7,813 Posts
Sport98 said:
3" is still too big for a 4.7... It has been determined that 2.25" for the 4.7 is the best and 2.5" for the HEMI

Jason
depends on the power you are putting out with the hemi... Mine is 3"
 

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
Joined
·
6,865 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Who told you that?? The stock piping is a 3", so if a 2.5 was better then why wouldnt Dodge have saved some money and went with a 2.5" from the factory. I have to disagree with you on this one.
well why wouldnt dodge save a few dollars and place a latch on the middle consoles for us ST models instead of using more material to cover it over? LOL But it does make more sense to go with smaller piping for a little better back pressure dont you think? But Hemi450 runs his cutout open so he wouldnt know about that long pipe towards the muffler :rck:
 

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
Joined
·
808 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Who told you that?? The stock piping is a 3", so if a 2.5 was better then why wouldnt Dodge have saved some money and went with a 2.5" from the factory. I have to disagree with you on this one.
You have PM HEMI 450

I am new to the Dodge arena, but i have been around sports cars for a loooong time. There is nothing cheap when it comes to modding (exception "ebay intake"). The best mods you will do, will be ones that will free up airflow for future mods. If you want 2 cheap... seemingly effective mods, Buy the ebay intake and PowerWire and Jet Stream Scoop.
 

·
Hemi2nV
Joined
·
7,813 Posts
maka said:
well why wouldnt dodge save a few dollars and place a latch on the middle consoles for us ST models instead of using more material to cover it over? LOL But it does make more sense to go with smaller piping for a little better back pressure dont you think? But Hemi450 runs his cutout open so he wouldnt know about that long pipe towards the muffler :rck:
They hemi's dont need back pressure....this has been discussed many times before. And Matts exhaust goes from his headers into a y-pipe then cutout, magnaflow cat and magnaflow muffler. But that cat and muffler hardly see any use. I havent used my muffler in almost a year..... :D
 

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
Joined
·
6,865 Posts
HemiRamOn22s said:
They hemi's dont need back pressure....this has been discussed many times before. And Matts exhaust goes from his headers into a y-pipe then cutout, magnaflow cat and magnaflow muffler. But that cat and muffler hardly see any use. I havent used my muffler in almost a year..... :D
Oh, I thought it was deisels that didnt use back pressure. So your saying the Y pipe is enough for back pressure?
 

·
Hemi2nV
Joined
·
7,813 Posts
maka said:
Oh, I thought it was deisels that didnt use back pressure. So your saying the Y pipe is enough for back pressure?
From what my buddy found with his CTD his truck preforms better with a muffler. But he also has true duals. Im not a diesel expert so im not sure about their backpressure issue. But if you have a single exhaust on a hemi use a 3" exhaust pipe. true duals is a different story. It has to do with exhaust velocity from what an expert on exhaust systems has told me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
3 inch is good for a single exhaust, 4.7 or 5.7,and 2.25 or 2.5 for true duals. right?
 

·
Hemi2nV
Joined
·
7,813 Posts
Ramboy06 said:
3 inch is good for a single exhaust, 4.7 or 5.7,and 2.25 or 2.5 for true duals. right?
its has been said 2.25 is best for true duals...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top