DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to ahve to sell my Dodge. I hate it but I need to. Another one will be in my future though.

Whats a fair price?

1996 Dodge Ram 2wd 5.9l 360 AT 250,356k miles Tow Pack Ext Cab
Its a darker green with a grey runnin board kit. The grey matches
the stock grey wheels.
Problems are ...
Blown head gasket -- this was diagnosised but head have not bee pulled and looked at
Needs a new water pump
A freeze plug on the drivers side(near the back) needs changing.
Recline mechanism on the drivers seat needs to be tweaked or replaced.
dent in bumper

Brand new radiator
new plugs and wires
new cap and button
Tires mild wear at 1.5 years old
Bed liner
Tool Box -Diamondplate

Still a good looking truck.

Not sure what to ask for or write down for the ad. I dont want to screw anyone.
It has the original trans and runs good but does have high miles on it. I changed the rear end on it 4 years ago.

Frank

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Don't expect to get much more than $4000 for it, being a 2wd, having a couple of problems, and might even be worth just trading it in with that kind of mileage.

·
Registered
503 Posts
frankhowe said:
I was thinking more around 1k. Maybe I am off
I don't think it would worth much more than $1000. My brother just bought a 2wd 318 94 Club cab, Pretty clean and about 175K for $1700. His didn't need much, only an oil pan gasket.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Rather than selling it whole, you may be better off just parting out the good pieces. People are going to see the high miles + original tranny+ Dodge= fear.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Well, trade in wise, if you are getting something of value or newish, you can get around $4000 because they manipulate the price and APR to accomodate for it. I had a pos '89 S10 Blazer that I literally towed in to the dealership after it overheated and died on the way there before I traded it in for my '02 QC 1500 (R.I.P.). They gave me $4300 trade in for it, it had 170k miles and didn't run...I had stripped the interior of everything I could sell on ebay or transfer to the new truck, and they didn't care. You can get a decent return for a trade in, because private party on something like that will get you next to nothing.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
If you are only going to get $1,000 for it, then park it until you can fix it.
It won't cost you anything to have it sit there until you can fix it.
Buy a beater until then.
From the looks of it, it only need about $300-$400 in parts anyway, and a full Saturday to install them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.