DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i current am running a 4" spindle and a 3" coil on 35's. i am doing my lower ball joints this weekend so i will be taking some of my suspension apart. do you think if i put the stock coil in with a coil spacer it would ride better. let me know what you guys think and suggest. thanks

· Fireball!!!
1,033 Posts
My guess is the ride wouls be smoother with the spacers and stock coils. The AM coils are the same height as stock they are just stiffer and don't compress as easy as stock.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
i would think it would be about the same except the coils you got are longer than the stocks so the compression should be the same right? try it out what can it hurt. and let us know after

· Fireball!!!
1,033 Posts
sleblanc said:
i would think it would be about the same except the coils you got are longer than the stocks so the compression should be the same right? try it out what can it hurt. and let us know after
I replaced my stock coils with aftermarket ones and when i measured them up (side by side) they were exactly the same size. The after market ones seemed thicker, thus a stiffer ride.

· Registered
938 Posts
4U2NV said:
I replaced my stock coils with aftermarket ones and when i measured them up (side by side) they were exactly the same size. The after market ones seemed thicker, thus a stiffer ride.
Same with the hotchkis coils. There the same height as stock but are stiffer and have a progressive coil (close coiled at the top, farther apart at the bottom)

· Registered
2,393 Posts
is it a real bad ride right now maybe trying the coil spacers with the stock coils or trying a better shock like a cst = to bilsteins from wht i have read they ride the best with the lift setup you have

· Fireball!!!
1,033 Posts
I currently have RC 3" raised spindles and FT 2.5 lifted coils. 2" blocks out back with fabcech shocks all the way around and a 3" PA bodylift. The truck rides like a "truck" I don't feel it rides any better/worse than stock. It just sits higher...

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i cant really remember what my truck rode like when it was stock. it was stock for about 3 months then i lowered it and then i raised it. i was just wondering if it would be a smoother ride i see alot of people just running a spindle and coil spacer. i dunno if they do that just becase its cheaper or it rides better. thanks for the info so far keep it coming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.