DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my truck seems to have developed a thumping noise when I go over bumps or washboard roads at slow speed. I can even feel it with my left foot on the floor pan. There's nothing under there that would cause this, other than the emergency brake cable but it doesn't have any slack in it for it to be slapping the bottom of the floor pan. So, what could this be coming from? My trans mounts are good as well as other mounts and bushings (that I can see). The steering and suspension are okay. Just has me puzzled as to what it could be.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine too. Let me know when you find out. I'm thinking the bushings in the upper and lower control arms but haven't checked yet.

·
Trail Maker
681 Posts
Jack up the front and make sure your wheel don't rock side to side.

Also check and make sure your end link is not broken, Mine was but it was still attached so you wouldn't notice unless you really look for it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Definately sounds like a suspension noise. Upper (most likely) or lower ball joint or a-arm bushing are likely, can also be a loose shock bolt. I have even seen vehicle recalls that list these symptoms and the fix is a spring washer in the hood hinge to fix side play. As said before, jack it up under the a-arm or axle tube (careful) and try to make the noise manually.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I had a similar noise, sounded like something was bumping the bottom of the cab when I hit a bump. It was the axle joints. Check them out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have the same thing, I think. Its a thumping on the floorboard, but miane happens even on smooth roads. Kind of a rattle/thumping. Other people that ride it my truck notice it too. I've lifted my truck up and looked at everyhting, everything seems tight. Let me know what you find out, I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
609 Posts
hey do you guy's have a spare tire thats what it was in my 97 it was loose and just banging around in there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the same thing and when I took my truck to the dealership to have an alignment done the mech. said my tie rod ends were going bad and said that this could be causing this problem. Try backing up and then hit the brakes and if it makes a loud popping noise, then my guess is it's your tie rod ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.