DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if Dodge is gonna stand behind this Hemi Hybrid concept in the Dodge Ram or just abandon the whole thing like they did with the Durango and Aspen Hybrids? I am kinda hloding out for the 2010s to see if its worth it...Deals are getting better and prices are dropping but I am curious about the Hybrid Ram

Hopefully it gets the 22 plus mileage and I know it uses the same CVT style tranny in the Durango and Aspen versions. And also the Chevy Suburban used this same system matted to their gm motor....I am just wondering if most will like the feel of this system and the cvt tranny? Also I wonder whats available with it and what options you can get. I know it was only on the limited suvs so I assume it would only be on the Laramie trucks? Is it supposed to be here this fall with the 2010 regular models?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I havn't heard but I would think it will probably get 20-21 city, I hope you can still get the 20" wheels and that they don't lower it like they did the GM SUV's.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
From what I read last week sometime, the Ram Hybrid is still a go

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
the greatest thing ever would be a rc/sb 4x4 v8 cummins hybrid 1500

where do i sign up to order one:SPIN:

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The 1500 V8 diesel was pushed back to 2011 so i wouldn't hold my breathe on a hybrid before 2011 either.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Hybrid is to be released next year that is 2010..So yea its already been done in the suvs there won't be much more to adding it in the ram....I think the diesel is down the tubes right now...Everyone has dropped it in their half tons except for GM...And I just read that while they are moving forward with it in the 1500 gm trucks that the president of some crap, in other words one of the big wigs at GM said they don't even think buyers will opt for it...I doubt it happens there either......

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I would go for a Hybrid, with the little amount of towing I do. But if a diesel was an option I would go for that. Diesels are the best option rightnow, until the EV vehicles the road, those will be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.