DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
96 Ram 5.9, been using Amsoil oil and filters since 12k miles, just hit 216K with no signs of giving up the ghost. I change the oil and filter once a year. When I pulled the intake to replace the plenum pan last year, the valley was clean. Running Amsoil gear lube in the diffs and transfer case. Never got around to flushing the tranny with Amsoil, but if it dies, then I'll replace the ATF with Amsoil after the rebuild. Here is an interesting link you should read on oil filters, http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am running the Castrol Synthetic through mine as well. 1999 1500 74,000 miles. The first owner said that is all he ran so I have continued with it.

·
Mike
276 Posts
Mobil one synthetic oil and Mobil filter since Ive owned the truck in 98. Took the heads off two years ago and everything looked brand new. Wish I could say the same for my tranny!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mobil 1 here, honestly not sure what's in the tranny, had it flushed when I first got her, but I don't remember whaty went back in now.

·
Registered
532 Posts
121k Valvoline 10w-30 winter 10w-40 summer. Lucas in the rear.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.