DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am changing the gear fluid on my truck seeing as my 500 miles on the gear break in and i was wondering what weight AMSOIL to use in the diff i have a 2002 360 upgraded the gears to 4.56, also it came equipped w/ the tow package if that helps. also i am going to do a transmission service as well and need to know the type of lube to put into that as well any input would help thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
amsoil has a univeral atf that meets atf 4 qualifications.i changed mine out and she is shifting great.as far as rear end fluid amsoil recently came out with a severe gear lube.this exceeds their older series.i use 75w140 in the rear(better if you tow)and 75w90 in the front.call one of their dealers and ask about your gears,however you should be ok with the above weights.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know the amout that i should be using in the diff but how much goes in the tranny

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had my tranny flushed and front and rear diff's replaced with Amsoil. I used the 75W-90 for both diff's (better MPG's and I rarely tow anything) and bought 15 Quarts of ATF for the complete flush. If you do tow a lot, I'd go wth the 75W-140 as mentioned. The flush itself took roughly 13.5 quarts, so I have a quart and a half to top off if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.