Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member here ..

I am going to purchase a used durango outright in the next week or two. My lease is up on my '06 Ram in March and I am going to have about $9000 total at my disposal to purchase a D outright.

I have been a die hard Dodge driver since I got my license in 1990 (my dad worked for Chrysler from 1968 until last year when he finally took a buyout and retired) ... here is a list of all of my Dodges:

1984 dodge charger hatchback ('90 - '93)
1988 plymouth sundance. ('93 - '98)
1993 dodge neon. ('98 - '00)
1999 dodge intrepid ('00 - '03)
1998 dodge durango ('02 - '04)
2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab ('02 - '06)
2006 dodge ram 1500 quad cab ('06 - present)

the durango was my favorite vehicle I ever owned.. and I am going back to it. I have found quite a few good deals on D's locally .. most notably an '04
slt hemi with 49K miles for $7999. I've found 2 or 3 descent ones with that kind of mileage for that price but this one takes the cake with the hemi.

what would you guys reccomend I look for when I go to the dealership and look at the vehicle?

I'm sure I can swing some deals out of him since I'll be purchasing with cash.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Wow! Good deal for you on that 04 HEMI! Go for it!

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
That sounds pretty good. I also know you could get an 07 for around 15 grand. That would be for a SLT 4x4, but no HEMI. I'm just curious if the one you are considering is a 4x4. Mine isn't, and that's my only regret. But that one you found sounds like a killer deal. I also hear Durangos are getting a new body style. They will be smaller and be based on a uni body. I think it's going to be built in Detriot with the Grand Cherokee. So maybe you could buy that D and and be the first one to get a new one.

·
RangoFuse
112 Posts
I also bought used (04 st w/tow package) I do a fair amount of carpooling with my D - and I didnt get the third row seat. That and no roof racks is the main regrets on my purchase...

I also like the heated (and bigger) mirrors that come with the 04 tow-package :)

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Not much to go wrong on the Rango's!
Very reliable and sturdy vehicles, make sure the one you get is maintained well and has all recalls done.

Welcome to DT!

·
2nd04Durango
1,310 Posts
I also bought used (04 st w/tow package) I do a fair amount of carpooling with my D - and I didnt get the third row seat. That and no roof racks is the main regrets on my purchase...

I also like the heated (and bigger) mirrors that come with the 04 tow-package :)
I have pretty much the exact same setup (and looking at his avatar, the same color and unpainted bumpers as well)

I believe mine may have been in some sort of wreck at some point but it all runs nicely and no other problems. Just need to keep up the maintenance like any other vehicle. My 04 is over 81K miles with no major problems...

The only thing to keep an eye out for is the stalling issue...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.