DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler with true duals installed for two days now and i like the performance boost but i miss the loud sound from my single in dual out flow master what muffler or mufflers would be good to get to be louder than the magnaflow but have better performance than the si/do flowmaster without spending alot of money

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok its down to dynomax race bullets or single chamber flows

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
Well when you say performance what are you looking for?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
sorry, I can't help with the ???, but WTF is your avatar?? lol, is it midget vader?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A. wich one will performe better the race bullets or the one chamber flows
B. its a darthvader potato head

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

·
5,101 Posts
??? No clue on which one will perform better. Maybe request some dyno results from each manufacturer. I mean, its not gonna be race-like loud unless you run just open tube headers.

Ever thought about going with a nice 3" SI/SO system to maintain your low end torque and install an electric cutout right behind the headers?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
jdetten said:
i think im going to go with the 1 chamber flows
DONT DO IT!!! Trust me bacause I have a single chamber flowmaster muffler. I also have an electric cutout, and the gains arent even close. You will see so much more power and sound from a cutout than the muffler anyday. It is your money, so do what you want, but you will regret not buying the cutout in the longrun.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would either have to redue my exhaust or get two cut outs because i have trual duals

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
jdetten said:
i would either have to redue my exhaust or get two cut outs because i have trual duals
Manual cutouts only cost like $30-$40 each. That still comes out cheaper than buying 2 mufflers.

·
5,101 Posts
jdetten said:
No offense, as this is meant in humor, but it seems like you pretty much redo your exhaust every couple months so it shouldn't be a big deal. Truthfully, you setup is great for high end horsepower and terrible for low end torque. Run a Y pipe down to the cat and run a 3" SI/SO system for the best balance. Run that cutout after the cat. This way you can open the cutout for some noise when you need it and get the high end power. Then you can use the cutout in the closed position for low end power and to keep it quieter if you need be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.