DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok going to pick up my new 2500 tonight... but what to get/do first. My List:

tonneau cover
fender flares
paint chrome to match body color
bigger tires
bedrug/liner
nerf bars (black or chrome on a black quadcab??... will have all body color grill & bumpers)

Has anyone bought this stuff from dodge parts dept? Would give me somethin to do over 3 day weekend.

kevin
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,983 Posts
prourl said:
tonneau cover
fender flares
paint chrome to match body color
bigger tires
bedrug/liner
nerf bars
Get your bedrug from Slammed1/Brian.

I'm sure he can get you a good deal.

Sounds like you're going to have plenty 'o fun. :)

Sil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,232 Posts
Black!!!!
 

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
Joined
·
5,089 Posts
if it's a black sport get all black

and first mod, bigger tires!~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Tires. Oh and make sure you get one with a C on the side of it. :rck:
 

·
--> UNITY <--
Joined
·
2,417 Posts
prourl said:
yea just tryin to figure which nerf bars... chrome or black .... truck is all black...
Black - but that will start the theme of black too keep that in mind. I have Westin platinum series nerfs and they ROCK!!! Strong as hell, and a simple install too. Not to mention they will def help you get in and out alot easier too. I went to get out of someones truck the other day, and almost fell cause I tried to step on an invisible nerf bar :banghead: But Bigger tires you may want first. I never will undrstand it why they sell 2500's with small tires anyway :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
The first things I bought for the truck....

Floor mats - carpet ...didn't come with it.
Floor mats - Huskyliner molded ones for the front. Keeps the mud off the carpet. :rck:
Dodge Seat covers - I work around a lot of grease and don't wanna trash up my seats getting in the truck after work.
Bedliner - cheap drop-in one. It'll get used HARD. Someday down the road, I'll get a professional spray in.
Tonneau Cover -soft one. I use the bed A LOT for hauling stuff. Need to remove it quickly and easily.
Mudflaps - to protect my rocker guards from road rash

I'd like to get some step rails - but I'm picky about which kind to get. I don't like the tubular ones.

Stickers........ just not sure what stickers to get. My husband cuts vinyl stickers so I can get whatever I want for free!!

:D

Anyone need or want stickers?? Hemi stripes??
 

·
New Vision
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
I went with....

Chrome nerf bars on my silver rig (installed by dealer)
Remote starter (installed by dealer)
LineX liner
Floor mats (aluminum ram head)
ARE hard-shell tonneau

...and moving on from there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
I think the first thing should be a bedliner; a truck looks naked without a liner whether it be drop in, spray on, or a bed rug.
I had them put the following on mine when I bought it:
-drop in HEMI liner
-rear wheel well inserts
-mudflaps
-tinted windows
 

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
prourl said:
tonneau cover
fender flares
paint chrome to match body color
bigger tires
bedrug/liner
nerf bars (black or chrome on a black quadcab??... will have all body color grill & bumpers)
First of all: why on earth paint the chrome?! I'd say forget the fender flares and bigger tires...but that is just me.

I'd go with a spray-on bedliner from Line-X. Nerf bars would probably look good for your truck...so the next thing would be to maybe get those.
 

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
Joined
·
5,089 Posts
Hemi Pete, you ever seen a stock 2500 4x4 with 265x7017's

it's not a pretty picture, need some 305's, or 285's at least

I'd much prefer 305 70 17 Buckshot's on a stock 2500 if I had to do it over again
 

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
I actually like the look of a stock 2500.
 

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
Joined
·
5,089 Posts
well, put it this way

on a Dodge 2500 you can fit 35's stock

now, they come from the factory with 265 70 17's

stock chevrolet half ton, can fit a 31" tire stock, comes with 265 75 16's

Dodge needs to come out with 305's or so, a nice 33-34" tire stock
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
My first mods were Mopar chrome side steps, rear wheel liners, a Line-X bed, front/back floor mats, and a few other minor things to make the truck "mine" (see my sig). Probably get a Leer cap later this year, and then lift/wheels/tires next year. I usually do a bunch of the little relatively inexpensive things first, and then the bigger ticket items as extra money allows.
 

·
Jeep Driver
Joined
·
32,497 Posts
A few things that came to mind when I saw your list...

tonneau cover - much too expensive from Dodge, I'd go with an aftermarket cover and I highly recommend Astro Cap... see my gallery to check out mine. Slammed1 can get these at remarkable prices.

fender flares - I have seen several variations of these and the clean one without bolts showing look best... black of course since your truck is black...

paint chrome to match body color - costly

bigger tires - listen to Chauncy, he's the expert

bedrug/liner - if you go with BedRug again, talk to Slammed1

nerf bars (black or chrome on a black quadcab??... will have all body color grill & bumpers) - I think black would look awesome... especially if you're painting the other chrome pieces

When I got my Ram back in '02, the first things I added were factory driving lights because it did not come with them, a chrome bug shield from Mopar, a tailgate lock and locking gas cap, and window tint of course...

Since then I have added the tonneau cover as mentioned, a 10-inch subwoofer with a 350 watt Kenwood amp, a K&N filter, Air Ram's "Jet Stream" scoop, and the Mopar wheel well liners which I HIGHLY recommend for any 4x4....

I also debadged the truck just recently...... if you're going for the monochromatic look I would do that for sure.

My future plans are few, but I would like to install the BedRug on my truck and get rid of the rubber mat I bought from Mopar a while back... I will need new tires later this year and plan to go with 33's although I'm not sure what brand yet... and I plan to install a Flowmaster muffler at some point too.

I hope this gave you some ideas for your own truck! Congrats again on the new ride. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,048 Posts
prourl said:
Ok going to pick up my new 2500 tonight... but what to get/do first. My List:

tonneau cover
fender flares
paint chrome to match body color
bigger tires
bedrug/liner
nerf bars (black or chrome on a black quadcab??... will have all body color grill & bumpers)

Has anyone bought this stuff from dodge parts dept? Would give me somethin to do over 3 day weekend.

kevin
I just bought my 2500 on Friday night also, and they had already taken care of the lift, tires/wheels, fender flares, billet grille, nerf bars, and chrome tip exhaust.

My next addons wil be a bedliner (leaning toward line-x after a bunch of thread searches), window tint, and an alarm.

Here is what mine looks like with 35/12.5/20's:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,358 Posts
Janster said:
The first things I bought for the truck....

Floor mats - carpet ...didn't come with it.
Floor mats - Huskyliner molded ones for the front. Keeps the mud off the carpet. :rck:
Dodge Seat covers - I work around a lot of grease and don't wanna trash up my seats getting in the truck after work.
Bedliner - cheap drop-in one. It'll get used HARD. Someday down the road, I'll get a professional spray in.
Tonneau Cover -soft one. I use the bed A LOT for hauling stuff. Need to remove it quickly and easily.
Mudflaps - to protect my rocker guards from road rash

I'd like to get some step rails - but I'm picky about which kind to get. I don't like the tubular ones.

Stickers........ just not sure what stickers to get. My husband cuts vinyl stickers so I can get whatever I want for free!!

:D

Anyone need or want stickers?? Hemi stripes??
are they free for us too? ;)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top