DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject gets beat to death but I just bought a set of wheels and am looking to see what tire size I should be looking at.

Wheels are 20x10 Ultra Baja Champs, -25mm offset (not sure of back spacing)...my truck (08 1500 Reg Cab) is stock ride height currently.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found out the back spacing is 4.5", I know the tires will stick out quite a bit from the fender but if anyone has pics of a similar setup please post pics so I can decide on what tire size to get.

I have a feeling that a 305 will be a tad too wide, and was told a 275 won't fit.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, well...45 views and not a single post? I guess I'll just take a chance...I searched and it seems as though 305/55 or 305/50 will be fine, but with a wheel this style, I can't justify getting a street tire in the 50 series, may find out of the Cooper Zeon LTZ is available in this size.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Go to your local tire shop and have them test fit the tires you want until you get your desired look.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm more worried about rubbing honestly, being at stock ride height I just want to be sure with the specs on the wheel, that a 305/55 won't be too big and cause issues. I know with 4.5" of backspacing they will stick out pretty far, which is ok.

·
Registered
550 Posts
That's why I am suggesting that the tire shop do a test for yah. If you don't like the look with the first tire then have them suggest another size until you are happy.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks. Never knew a tire shop would do that, maybe it's just this area but dudes at these tires shops are DICKS lol.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If they don't want to help then take your money elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts