Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 durango slt mag v8 4x4
in 4wd in sharp turns it acts like the frount wheels don;t won;t to trun or something like it's draging a dead leg this is goiing in drive but in reverse it dosn't do it is this just a dodge thing or what i have two other 4x4 trucks and i have never seen this it has been like this since i buoght it i now have 75000 miles on it is it bad or what please help thanx for the help

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
well, first off, fill out a signature so we know exactely what your running. i'm assuming your part time, not ft-awd.

if you are driving on dry pavement with the 4wd on, that's bad. Also, that's normal for the tires to grip like that. What other 4x4 vehicles do you have?

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
like Cbrenn said, sounds a lot like running in 4wheel drive on dry pavement. Second thing to consider is the tire rubbing the inside of the frame or a body panel. Third is a broken/defective ball joint or suspension part.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would check to see if it's in 4HI mode. The wife accidently moved the switch when she was cleaning the dash. She did her usual errands and said that it "turned hard" into parking spots like it wasn't going anywhere when she turned. It Freaked her out because I was deployed at the time, told her everything's going to be alright and then she remembered what she did. She goes back to the D and low and behold, it's on 4HI :gr_patrio

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
As said above, if you have part time 4x4, you are going to distroy your drive drain with it engaged on dry pavement. Read your owners manual.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the in-fo and yes it is manual 4x4 hi lo and 2x4
i was in the mountains and it was on wet muddy pavement
trying not to fall off the hill
to the q of what other 4x4s i have 89 toy v6 std cab std bed 3in body 5in Sus 35 17.50 15 2 1/4 cat back msd ign snorkel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.