DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
97 SS/T
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was cruising along listening to some tunes and all of a sudden, screech FUZZZZZZZZZ! Nothing but fuzz. Flip it to AM, works perfectly fine. Pop in a cassette tape, it works fine. FM, I get nothing:mad: This is a stock radio in a 97 SS/T, it doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I immediately checked the fuse, it's fine, the antenna is fine. There aint much to a radio, but I can't figure it out. Everything works but FM radio. Any thoughts!

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,659 Posts
its possible that your fm circuit fried, or your antenna wire could have broken somewhere down the line. is the wire still attached to the fender mount?

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
The Antena could have come unplugged from the back of the radio also, AM usually doesn't need the Antena.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Good luck, and let us know how it goes....

·
97 SS/T
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the antenna is fine as well as the cable connecting to it. Is there an easy way of getting the radio out to check the wires?

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
No not really mostly have to take most of the lower dash apart...

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,659 Posts
sure is, tilt your steering wheel all the way down, pry the dash bezel off and there are two hex head screws i think its like a 1/4 or a 5/16" holding it in, one on the right side and one on the bottom. then there are 4 connections to the back, 2 for speakers and power, one for ground, and one for antenna.

·
97 SS/T
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, thanks, I figured the bezel would have to come off, but wasn't sure on what else would. I'm glad it'll be that easy. I'll do it in the morning, I'm at work right now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
easy job to pull out radio, I think in 20 minutes I had pulled the CD player from my car, and the one in my truck, and swapped them out (putting the better one in the truck). Main issue is the dash bezel coming off since the steering wheel is kinda in the way... careful not to break the bezel (which i mean, the outer plastic trim panel that covers the instrument cluster/AC/radio)

·
97 SS/T
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got the radio out very easily. I looked at the back of it and all of the wires were in-tact and plugged in. I triple checked the antenna wire and it looked just fine. I am now at a complete loss, It really makes no sense now. Any thoughts!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.