DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my R/T two weeks ago and sweet jeebus was it worth every cent. I was taking some pictures of it and noticed something i've never seen before... on both sides of the car, about in line with the mirrors, are clear plastic tubes that come out of the frame rails and protrude about 3" downward. that's it. i assume they're vents for something, but i havent seen them leak when i run my a/c so i assume they're not condensate drains, and the battery is in the back so theyr'e not battery vents... i don't get it? anybody know what they're for?
:STY:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have never noticed this or found it yet, where excatly is it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
under the car... take about five steps back and look at the bottom of the car, under the front doors about inline w/ the sideview mirrors. maybe it's not on all of them??? as far as sunroof drains... they were there when i bought the car but dodge put the roof in for me later that week, so unless they're standard with or without the roof, i dunno. thanks though!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll post a pic tonight... do you have them though??

·
adrenalin junkie
68 Posts
i was curious so i went out and looked....i have nothing that resembles what you are describing. i have a fully loaded r/t with a sunroof. ?ask the dealer? and let us know

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pics and explanation

well, props for your guess/answer (whichever it was :p) apparently they are sunroof drains... although they're not supposed to be visible and pretty much never are. My dealer guessed they're standard on all magnums and just don't get used if there's no sunroof... when i had mine added they must have gotten pushed down past the body. i cut 'em off right after i took the pictures, but that's what they looked like. thanks for your input!!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.