DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
myspot.org
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a lightning audio 1000 with the dual 10" set up under my back seat. I blew one of the concept 10's I have in there. Just looking for a recommendation on what subs that will fit and handle the power im putting to them. If im not mistaken, the amp is 1/4 ohm stable. Im not looking to blow my doors off, but as a rule of thumb, too much of a good thing never hurts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would go with Memphis M3's, dual voice coil.

But i always prefer memphis, im kind of hooked

·
myspot.org
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah ive heard the memphis. I used to work at a car audio place, but I been outta the game a while and dont know whats crap anymore. I looked at a set of 4 ohm Kenwood KFC W2511's that are able to handle the power ill put on'em, but I've just never been a fan of anything Kenwood.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Me neither they always seem to look cheap, memphis or JL, alot of people run kicker in these boxes.

·
myspot.org
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. Alot of people swear by the Alpine Type R's too. I dont know, I guess im limited to a "serious" sub to handle all the power because of the depth of the box.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
myspot.org
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh, heck yeah. Thanks man. Ive never even seen those. Guess I really have been out of the game a while. Im like you tho, I like to keep things matched. Ive always ran jl everything until I got this truck. Those LA's look pretty sweet. Thanks again.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've never had any luck with Kenwood subs :dunno:
I've tried them and they were just OK.
I prefer the Type R's. They are very well proven in my enclosures. The JL 10w6's, Memphis M3's and Fosgate P3's are also a very good performers.

·
Bring it on rice boy!!!!!
268 Posts
what about the infinty perfect 10 or perfect 12's?

·
Registered
113 Posts
You would run into the problem of not having the required amount of air space, so it would probably be a no go. Atleast compared to type r's or memphis M3's

·
Bring it on rice boy!!!!!
268 Posts
So if I am after super clean tight crisp bass, do I go after the dual 10" vented box or the 12" sealed fox box? What is the best sub / amp combor for premium sound quality. I dont care abot shaking the truck, jusy excellent tight bass sound. Price not an issue. JL's? The rockford fosgates seem good for price but I am looking at quality. If price were an issue, then whats the best combo between good sound quality and price? I listen to alot of country, rock, pop, hip/hop and a little rap but not much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.