DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im lokking into getting new door speakers and was wondering what speakers to go with? I have an aftermarket Sony radio and two sony 12" subs under the back seat. Thanks for all suggestions!

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
I know the Crutchfield Electronics web site will let you set-up the truck, year, and the parts your looking to replace.

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what size speaker fits in my back door? I have a 05 QC. Is it a 5 1/4 or 6 1/2. Im not worried about drilling holes. So will a 6 1/2 fit? Thanks

· Registered
1,355 Posts
You can fit a 6x9 in the front doors, thats what comes from the factory, or you can try a 6-1/2 comp or coaxial in tehre also.

On the rear doors a 5-1/4 come stock, some guys have fitted 6-1/2 speakers there with small magnets.

· Registered
4,446 Posts
my last truck had 6.5" stock.

· Registered
3,390 Posts
i have 6x9 rockford full ranges in the front doors and 5.25 rockfords in the back...sounds the best out of anything i've heard. i would either go rockford or infinity for speakers

· Buckeye Big Horn
282 Posts
rb513 said:
i have memphis 6x9s in the front doors and 6.5s in the rear
rb513,
Did you have any trouble getting the 6.5" speakers in the rear doors?? I would like to put 6.5" Components front and rear. Thanks. PM Sent as well.

· Back in the saddle again.
255 Posts
6.5" both places

I have Focal 165KF's in the front and the rear. They are 6.5". They fit like a champ and only had to use the scosche spacers (5.25"->6.5") and 6"x9"->6.5".
I would show pics, but they well hidden by the door grilles, though you can catch some of that yellow kevlar when the sun hits the doors.

· Acoustics
1,576 Posts
boston acoustics all the way around! Im very please with the sound...even over JL audio, Alpine, and others...My brothers Focals and Memphis are the only others that I HAVE HEARD that can compare! The SL60 components i bought friggen rock tho, GREAT MIDS for components

· Back in the saddle again.
255 Posts
TCCustoms said:
boston acoustics all the way around! Im very please with the sound...even over JL audio, Alpine, and others...My brothers Focals and Memphis are the only others that I HAVE HEARD that can compare! The SL60 components i bought friggen rock tho, GREAT MIDS for components
I like the SL60's as well. However, the Focal K-series are the only ones that I have heard that can take 110W and not sound like plastic wrap over the end of a shop-vac.

· The Walt-n-ator
2,460 Posts
I have 6.5 Infinity Reference components in all 4 doors; I have an 80x4 rms amp for them. They sound really good. Good luck!

· Freaks of Nature
135 Posts
i have alpine type r 6.5 in all for doors they sound great. You need to check out onlinecarstereo.com the prices they have are unreal.

· Project Kenpachi '07-
530 Posts
JL, Polk, Infinity.....

But I'd advise you to listen to the speakers themselves. Sony, Kenwood and Pioneer aren't all that bad either.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.