DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do a tune up and fluid change on my 04 Durango with the 4.7. What plugs is everyone using in theirs?

From looking online it looks like the suggest:
Bosch Platinum - 4230
AutoLite Platinum - AP5224
Champion Non-Platinum - 439

This is just what I found. I would like to know what people suggest.

Thanks!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone installed platinum plugs in there Durango? I would like to use platinums in hopes that I wont have to change them every 30k.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2004 4.7 about 2 wks ago I had the plugs changed at the dealer, they sent me coupon v-8 tune up special $99.00 it was sat. morning at a small dealer I went back and talked the the guy while he was working on it. He took out champions and he put in champions he said to never use boush in a dodge. I will say it has a lot more pep now with the new plugs, mpg is the same(bad). Also got new tires (yokohoma) much much better tire than the goodyear.

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
i bought Bosch +4 Platinum plugs from pep-boys and i love them. It takes away the wind-up effect you get when u floor the gas and it gives u a nice throttle response. I definitally got a few more mpg's and they have a lifetime warentee so if they brake sent them back. As for wearing them out, i know its over 40,000 miles. Im satisfied, hope you find what you like. And have fun cutting your hands getting to all the plug spots in the engine :) make sure the engine is COOL.

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
oo, and my V8 cost me around 69$ for all of them. think it was around 8$ a plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.