DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what size wrench

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  badasshemi 
#1 ·
i need to change the water pump on my 05 3.7, but i need to know what size wrench i need to remove the fan from the pump, also what tricks do yall have to keep the pully still while you try to loosen it

#2 ·
Check you local parts store like autozone, you should be able to rent a clutchfan removal tool. To hold the pullley you could try a strap wrench ifyou find one big enough. You could also try removing fan before the belt and the tension from the belt on the pulley might hold it.

#3 · (Edited)
36mm. Use a prybar between two of the bolts that hold the water pump pulley to the water pump. If there are no bolts on the pulley, there will be four holes that you can insert a couple bolts, large nails etc. into to pry against

#4 ·
the pully will just slip on the belt ya need a chaine wrinch to hold pully and i cant rember if they are reversed threds or not. dont know if new pump will come with new pully or not. if not inspect pully for any burs left by chain wrinch and sand smoth to the touch to prevent premature failer of belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.