DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my camshaft sensor and just cant seem to get the right size socket on it, it must be metric or something but its making me crazy because i have so many sockets and none of them fit. Anyone know what size that one bolt is?

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
It has been a while but pretty sure I used a deep well 10mm socket. Deep well isn't necessary, but is just what normally use. I left the plug connected to help pull it out, making it a little easer.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just tried a 10mm and it was a little too small, ive tried 7/16, 3/8, 12 but maybe ill go buy an 11.

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
Try the 11mm socket, but I seem to remember it being a 10mm, If you don't have it sorted out in the morning I check it out and post.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks. I did notice that some of my different brands of sockets have thicker inside walls to them than others, like a 10mm from one brand will be smaller than a 10mm from another brand.

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
alright thanks. I did notice that some of my different brands of sockets have thicker inside walls to them than others, like a 10mm from one brand will be smaller than a 10mm from another brand.
Just checked it and mine (03) is a 10mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.