DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what rims these are ? I want some...

Attachments

·
silver off road
293 Posts
They look like the off road pkg rims. 17 inch right? painted in flat black. looks kinda cool .. never even thought of someone painting them

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You I think you are right they look like the rims I had on my 95 Dakota, they were grey. I love the rim the way it looks in black...

Attachments

·
silver off road
293 Posts
Yeah i like the way they look! You gave me a good idea. Instead of buying new rims...I can have my stock off road rims and still look different! thanks

·
silver off road
293 Posts
Wonder what kind of paint you wud use? or if u powder coated them....or rhino lined them... idunno just ideas though

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are probably powder coated but I think bedliner would look just as good and with the right texture. You would need to pre and sand really well to get it to stick.

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a line on some 3rd gen 20" rims for $800 does that sound like a good deal ?

Attachments

·
silver off road
293 Posts
That seems pricey to me.IMO. At the very most i would give $500 for some 3rd gen 20's. But what do i know

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They come with tires, I have seen prices from 1300 - 2500 so 800 seems like a good deal compared to those prices.

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you have no Cats do you have emissions tests, and if so does it pass ?

·
silver off road
293 Posts
Wow didnt relize 3rd gen 20's were goin for that much.

Well lucky for me down here in Arkansas, i dont have to worry bout passing a emiissions test. I doubt it wud pass though. HEy since were on the subject, ive been debating on putting on some high flow cats like maybe magnoflows or sumn.

Would you happen to know if i will have more power if i put some cats back on there. would more back pressure in the exhaust give more power, right?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe Dupli-color sells rim paint and pre cleaner. I saw it used on an episode of Truck U last weekend. (probably a repeat)

Just checked and they don't have flat black.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Thats not bad for 3rd gen 20's... Heres a pic of what they might look like on your truck (mine are 2006 chrome clads). I installed a set of 1.5" adapters yesterday so they look wider then what they are.

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like it!!!

I wonder how they will look black :D

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
My buddy painted his rims on his titan black for like 10-15 bucks! They look good to! I would paint some offroad rims like that for sure if i could get my hands on some. I think that looks a little flat to be powdercoated. Im gonna say they used some wheel paint from a store.

And about the Hi-flo cat, i hav one on mine and without a muffler it is loud!!! Its almost like no cat sound wise but is like having a cat performnce wise. But then again im pushing a little extra horses if that changes the sound any...

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I'd get the high flow cat, it will get back some of the low end you lost without cats.
The mangaflow cats I have are about the same as straight pipe, so a muffler is a must if you want to use a cell phone or listen to the radio :D

I don't think you would want to rhino line any wheel as you would have a hell of a time getting it balanced.

mean green 5.2: wheels look good :tup:

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats not bad for 3rd gen 20's... Heres a pic of what they might look like on your truck (mine are 2006 chrome clads). I installed a set of 1.5" adapters yesterday so they look wider then what they are.
What did the rims look like without the spacers, like did you add them on becuase the rims looked off ?

I want to go 20" rims with low profile off-road tires...I want the mean aggressive look. The non ricer look.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
With out the adapters, the fronts wouldn't be able to have the Center cap on there... and the rears bolted right up.

pics? here they are.

notice they are inside the fenders, not like above?

Attachments

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool ok good to know so also get spacers ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.