DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of 37's for the 2007 3500 I have ordered but a guy at the dealership suggested that the truck would be slow off the line due to the gear ratio.

if I'm not mistaken it is possible to order 4.11 gears rather then the 3.73 standard.

Could anyone comment on the merits of going to different gears with big tires?

·
Registered
161 Posts
i am not sure on the 07's if you can get the 4.10s as an option but if you can and plan for sure on going with 37's then i would say go for it. you will get a little better fuel mileage, and more power off the line.

I have a manual and did not regear and it rocks. i can actually use first now.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm sure you can still get the 4.10 and get it. 4.56 with 37s would be ideal with an auto. No matter what gear these things are slow for the first 15
' till the turbo spools.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. 4:10's would be great' but even with 3.73's your truck will bearly feel them once the turbo spools.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I would actually prefer the lower gears, like 3.73 or 3.55. Your highway RPMs will be much lower therefor really boosting your highway MPG. In the city, well the motor had plenty of torque, I hardley use 1st, even with 37" tires. Unless your hauling a heavy trailer, I say stick with the smaller gear.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You could use 5.30 gears and it will still be slow of the line with 37's, big tires don't go with performance of the line. I agree with Matt, Lower rpm at highway speeds would be great. has anyone heard on a bolt on overdrive unit that could handle the CTD?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the guidance folks. The comment came from a guy at the dealership and it had me wondering how big an issue it is. I'm not driving a sports car here so I'll stick with the 3.73's

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do not know about 07s except cab n chassis but you can only get 373 with the 6speed no 410s in 6 speed only auto. Cab n chassis I saw 410s with 6 speed. Also runnin 35s on mine made it very much more driveable as it has the 6 speed I would bet 37s would be a nice drive but I do not want to go that tall.

·
Registered
126 Posts
j.man said:
You could use 5.30 gears and it will still be slow of the line with 37's, big tires don't go with performance of the line. I agree with Matt, Lower rpm at highway speeds would be great. has anyone heard on a bolt on overdrive unit that could handle the CTD?
gear vendor makes one that will support 1200hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.