DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have a 99 slt 2wd 5.9L iv put flowmaster 50mm t/b low temp thermostat and what do yall think i should do next my goal is 400hp should i do a cam swap or will the stock cam work oh yea i have a 100hp NX shot on the way already thanx for ne advice

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
First you need to fill out your signature telling about what kind of vehicle you have, what kind of engine, current mods, etc. That will help a long ways in helping you along. That way you don't have to type in what you already have every time.

400 HP at the crank or at the wheels?

You're looking at around 220 at the wheels stock. I normally recommend a Mopar performance PCM, but if you're looking at that many horses, you're looking into some serious mods, thus you'll need a custom PCM flash from B&G Chrysler. Best price for that comes from The Fastman for about $400.

Cams and rockers. M1 Mopar intake manifold. Get all those from the fastman as well. Performance headers (mopar, gibson, etc). MSD ignition. Autolite 3923 plugs. Likely you'll need a supercharger. Dunno if the stock tranny can handle that kind of power either, so you're likely going to have to swap it too.

Best bet would be to call Dan and talk about what kind of numbers you're wanting, what your budget is and your other goals. He'll be able to get you the best performance for a good price. The man knows what he's talking about.

Others will chime in with other suggestions. There are several here that have some serious numbers coming from their D's and know more than I do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the advice i have two questions if you dont mind which msd ignition do you think will work best and how do i feel out my signature 400hp at the crank should be ok to suprise a few people at the track lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rocker arm

will 1.7 ratio rocker work on stock heads and does ne one make an offroad ypipe for the D

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
For MSD ignitions, I'd get one that can utilize the boost control, backs out timing, might come in hand with the nitrous.

1.7RR will work on stock heads but for 400 hp, you'll probably need better heads

JBA makes a Y-pipe (2954Y), I believe Jegs still sells it, otherwise a good shop can fab one up for you

To fill out your signature, go to the control panel at the top of the page

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for yall's help ill let you know how i get to my magic number 400hp

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
To get 400 reliable HP, you need to do it correctly. Don't bit and piece it with rockers and or Y-pipe. Plan the whole package. As mentioned above, talk to Fastman or contact Scott at GS Motorsports.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
you guys know how i feel about nitrous. . . . so i wont say anything this time.

to get 400 reliable h.p. your going to need to do some internal work, and most likely go forced induction. also going to probably have to have some ecu remapping done for fuel curves and the like.

if you want 400 h.p that is gonna last for a few minutes, i can find some guys that hang out at the local mall (imports) to throw in a 200 shot nozzle and let you be on your way.

good luck though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats wrong with nos its the best bang fior the buck if you use it saftly i think that driving to the track at 15mpgs then flip a switch have a 100+ more horses then driveing back home aint that bad im sorry if nitrius have out ran you for less money than you spend on your all motor car but the truth hurts sometimes lol watch for my taillight at the track l8r

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
It's not that. I think it's just that most people around here would rather have a consistently higher HP than something that is going to give you a quick boost and that be the end of it.

I'd take a supercharged D against a juiced one any day and bet that the SC would win every time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
coachholland,
did you notice a differance when you added your mopar pcm? seat of the pants feel and is it worth the money or would headers or throttle body be a better choice to start off with?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.