DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i dunno about quiet, but I love my Flowmaster 40. I believe the Flowmaster 50 is suppose to be more quiet & the 70 series even more quiet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For quiet I would go with a Dynomax Super Turbo. If you want a little more noise and flow the Dynomax Ultra Flow. I have the Ultra Flows on my truck and love them. Nice and deep.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Do you have a sound clip of the Ultra Flows? Thanks.

Eric

·
MannyFresh
339 Posts
RamIt97 said:
For quiet I would go with a Dynomax Super Turbo. If you want a little more noise and flow the Dynomax Ultra Flow. I have the Ultra Flows on my truck and love them. Nice and deep.
what HP gain with the Dynomax Super Turbo and Dynomax Ultra Flow?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I went from a 40 to a 50 flow... very little diff, just a titch less rumble, not quiet, just right for me and my ram.....

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
jrn27 said:
any of you have cats?
I hate cats - oh wait. Catalytic converter? Yeah, I have one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
want it to make a popping noise...like the old muscle cars...or like a mellow rumble???

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
im selling my cherry bomb extreme 7427 that is brand new! it is a SI 3" x DO 2.5" for $55 plus shipping

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
I had Flowmaster 40 series (tru duals) first on my truck, but they were LOUD!! Now I have the Flowmaster 70 series dual in-dual out on my 01 5.9 4x4 with no cats & its still rather loud. But if I wanted it quiet, I would have left the stock muffler on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the loud part dont bother me, i just dont want then crackle like the trucks i have heard with a cat and no muffler i do like the way flowmasters sound just tryin to make sure i dont get poping and cracking sound, is 1 in 2 out or 2 in 2 out better?

thanks for the input so far guys

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
jrn27 said:
is 1 in 2 out or 2 in 2 out better?
I have 2 in 2 out and I like it. One pipe from each head into the muffler, and dual tailpipes. It's more solid than two mufflers I think.

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
BleedDodge said:
It's more solid than two mufflers I think.
Thats the reason I went to a single muffler (2in/2out). I was tired of every bracket busting loose after I would go wheeling. Plus the 2in/2out lays flat for better clearence, rather than having 2 mounted side-by-side.

·
Registered
130 Posts
gibson is quiet and still sounds beast. and added 2 mpg.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
beastram said:
gibson is quiet and still sounds beast. and added 2 mpg.
A muffler added 2mpg? Are you sure it wasn't the whole exhaust system that freed them up? I highly doubt you gained 2mpg by slapping on a muffler.

·
Registered
89 Posts
the flowmaster super 44 is the best out of the bunch not to load not quiet i run it with a high flow cat great set up sounds deep, pops, rumbles like hell

its on a 2000 dodge ram 360

·
rusty ol' turd
75 Posts
the Blomaster 50 on my ram is as loud as any 40 series i've ever owned......
anyone ever tried Magnaflow?

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
posram said:
anyone ever tried Magnaflow?
I have them on a 71 F-100 W/ a 302 & it sounds just like a quite turbo muff. Never got to listen to one on a dodge. Lots of guys around here run them on stuff, but to me they sound just like a $25 autozone turbo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.