Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.

if this has been done I apologize. on the 08 quad cab with the hemi i have a 26 gallon tank which i think is about 98 L. i get an average of anywhere between 520 to 540 to empty. this means light on and praying for a gas station. i baby the heck out of it, i keep the rpm's down and i drive straight to work no stopping or traffic. just country roads on cruise control.

when i do accelerate i baby it and keep the rpm's below 2000 usually. on cruise at 90 k or roughly 55 mph im at 1600-1700 rpm.

again, im sorry if im beating a dead horse but im getting worried with these gas prices that this truck is gonna drain my bank account. i drive up north to work 140 K round trip everyday and kinda need the truck for BAD winter roads and i also have a boat so.....

thanks for taking the time to read.

·
Registered
912 Posts
that sounds low..im also in Can. and yea the gas prices are crazy there runnin 1.19/L right now..but anyway im gettin 11-12L/100k (19-20 mpg) all highway, cause i use the wifes car for town drivin.. hand calculated. im also running my winters witch are 275/55/20...so there a bit smaller so that helps.

·
Registered
168 Posts
650 km in the summer is about the best I can get.
340 km pullin' the camper.

did you folks know that 15 mpg's on the O/H console is about the same as 15l/100km?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sounds low to me. I'm in the US (Virginia) and have a 116 mile round trip commute. I've kept a fuel log since day 1 (bought it new - 2006 Ram SLT QC SB w/Hemi) and have averaged 17.5 mpg (US gallons) over 120K miles. I don't drive it like I stole it though I do get on her once in a while (Hemi's like to be worked :D )

Checking a few times I recall 17.5 mpg being about 12-13L/100 Km.

When were the plugs last changed? What size wheels do you have? Rear gear? They all can make a difference. Mine has 3.55 rears with 17" rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.