Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just talking to a friend about "What If"
If you could step in a time machine and go back to a year between 1958 to 1971 and had a credit to order any MoPar, what year, model and options would you order?
I'm not thinking about the worth now (IE '70 HEMI E body 'vert) but which muscle car really turns your crank?
I will start it off:
My "Dream car" is a '69 GTX, black over B5 blue, 440, auto on the floor, 3.23 sure grip, black interior with A/C, PDB, PS and power windows, and 3 speed wipers.
What is your "Dream car"?

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Mine...I have it, My 69 Barracuda 340S Fastback 4speed B-5 blue with b-5 blue bucket seat interior...All I have to do is finish it. :( I have wanted this car since I was 14yrs old in 1975. And I got it 3 yrs ago. :D 340, 4 speed, 3:91 sure grip, ps, manual brakes. up graded to big bolt discs.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would go back and buy a AAR cuda ,yellow, with a four speed. I would do this because about fifteen years ago my father sold this exact car to get our new house started, when he sold the car it was under primer all of the interior had ben restored under the hood had been painted and the mechanicals had all been restored. Even then he got $10,000 out of it. Anyways I would buy this car and give it back to him he almost cries everytime he sees one in a magazine.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
the guy down the street has a SWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET 69 Cuda (blue) with a HEMI hood scoop, I really like that car .... I gotta snap a pic one of these days

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
I have to say, I feel lucky ... 70 RR is one of my all time favorite Mopar muscle cars (I love the coke bottle look), so I feel like I'm living the dream sometimes

After a really crappppy day, all I have to do it take a cruise in my car and everything else drifts away ....

some people see a shrink ...

some people drink ...

I cruise ;) (sideways, sometimes LOL)

But you guys have no idea how close I've come to buying a clone / tribute 69 Daytona (since I'll never be able to afford a real one)

Black with a red tail stripe please

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
RAM MAN said:
I have to say, I feel lucky ... 70 RR is one of my all time favorite Mopar muscle cars (I love the coke bottle look), so I feel like I'm living the dream sometimes

After a really crappppy day, all I have to do it take a cruise in my car and everything else drifts away ....

some people see a shrink ...

some people drink ...

I cruise ;) (sideways, sometimes LOL)

But you guys have no idea how close I've come to buying a clone / tribute 69 Daytona (since I'll never be able to afford a real one)

Black with a red tail stripe please
Thats a nice car I really like the color combo.

·
Autoglass
4,117 Posts
Why stop at 1971?
I'd like to have 1978 Lil Red Express truck myself!
I can dream,,,,, Can't I?

But if I can only go back to 1971,,,, I'd wish to get truck like my late Father had, 1967 D-100 Adventurer.
383 with a 727 auto with the shifter in the dash!

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Mine, a 70 Hemi Cuda, Shaker Hood, Plum Crazy Purple with white Hockey Stripe, non vinyl top, black int, and regular Ralley rims.

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Autoglass,
I was thinking about the muscle cars but a fast truck is certainly welcome!
We have 2 of each, A, B, E (one with an elephant) and a truck.
Diverse wish lists.
Keep 'em coming.
Scott

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Oh man, It cant pick just one!! But for the sake of simplicity, ill take the car that got me started big time on mopars:

A 1967 Plymouth GTX/426/4speed/triple black/magnums & redlines......ohhh stop!!!

I saw this car at the annual fall festival when I was 10 years old. The guy that had it was an older fella (old to me) late 60's I think & everybody called him "worm". & as far as I was concerned, worm had the baddest car on the planet! A bone stock GTX, just a good looking car. But when he fired it up to leave.....KAAABOOOOM!! Open hedders on a 426HEMI. That sound was like nothing I had ever heard before! For years I have tryed replicating that sound on every vehicle I have ever owned & failed miserably!!

PS, I would also like to have a mint 67ish' Dodge sweptline to pull my Duster around with. Those are the best lookin trucks Dodge has ever produced!

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
1970 Hemi Challenger RT/SE, 4-speed, N-96, Shaker, LimeLight, spoliers front and rear, 4.10 geared Dana, Ralleyes, every option I could get!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
RAM MAN, i have to say that Daytona and color is the second car on my wish list.

to be honest i would like to have a 1964 Plymouth with a race 426 Hemi in it.

·
Semper Fidelis
53 Posts
70 Coronet R/T convertible - red with a white top and guts. Don't care what motor or trans it has.

Great. Now you guys have made me want to call to get a 2nd mortgage :D

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The '70 Dodge turns my crank too!
Back in '69 my mom got an invitation from a dodge dealer in Upland CA to view the new cars before they were on public display. I was 13 and went with her.
There was a yellow '70 Super Bee with the black reverse C stripe. I fell in love with that '68 to '70 B body look. My family had driven Dodges from '55. I drove a '60 Phoenix Dart 318 4bbl and later a '66 Monaco 383 4bbl to high school. I purchased a '69 roadrunner from a guy at Beale AFB for $100, my first one. That car ended up with a '67 GTX 440 and a 6 pack. My '66 Monaco got shortened 1.5 feet by a drunk and I bought a '70 RR 383 4 speed, sold that one and bought a '69 RR with A/C, PW, PDB... almost all options. I also bought for my wife a '67 Satellite 'vert with A/C.
That's where I get the '69 GTX 'vert from a combination of my '69 and '67.
They are all gone now but i did find a '66 Monaco 500 that hopefully I will be smart enough to keep.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Brian_RO said:
RAM MAN, i have to say that Daytona and color is the second car on my wish list.

to be honest i would like to have a 1964 Plymouth with a race 426 Hemi in it.
I can't afford the real thing, but I could park a nice clone in the garage ... no problem

one more shot

Attachments

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Thats sweet! very Very VERY RARE!! With a Hemi and 4-speed it would be 1of 30 or so they built. Every production car made has to be looked at and observed carefully to view it's intended purpose in life. The Winged Warriors can be assumed in an instant, what they are and what they are capable of! 78% win factor. First Production car in the world to exceed 200.000 in a closed course! :D Yeah I love winged cars :D :rck: I remember those cars 'languishing' on car lots for months on end, waiting for the right buyer!

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
I love the 69 Charger Daytonas and 70 Superbirds! Cloning a 69 Charger Daytona would be rough too because you need a 69 Charger 500 because of the rear window design.

Attachments

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
I know Ted Janak makes the necessary window plugs and other hard parts for the conversion. I have seen them both ways. The flying buttress windows and the filled in Nascar style. Both look great! :D God I would hate to see an original Charger500 XX coded made into a cloned Wing Car! :rck:

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I head that in around '74 someone found a new '96 Daytona under a tarp in the back of Long Beach CA Dodge, it was a HEMI 4 speed car. The dealer sold it for a few thousand to get rid of it.
To have been that lucky person that noticed the funny looking bulge at the back of the tarp!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.