DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm new to this site. I have a 98 318 auto Dakota. I have some money to burn. I was wondering what engine mods to do?, Do R/T cylinder heads make a difference? How much performance would a guy get with a heads, cam, intake, exhaust? I'm don't take the truck to a track, but I do want to make this truck go? What should I do?
I was thinking myself, tell if this is good or not? R/T heads and intake, and a Gibson exhaust?, computer. Or am I just dreaming?

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey Freddie, welcome to Dodge Talk! 1st thing, don't go crazy with the mods, ripping up your engine! Most folks on this website would tell you to take it easy at first and ease into it. Internal combustion engines are really nothing more than air pumps. To make them more efficient, the air must move move in and out of the engine efficiently, so you'll need to get a cold air intake(CAI) and a more efficient exhaust. Your engine is older than mine, so these and other mods will probably see more immediate gains than mine will. If you have over 20K miles on it you should also look into synthetic oil. I use Amsoil and after a little while I notice my engine spools up faster and responds to the throttle quicker due to the lack of friction. Also I went with a Superchips Power Programmer. I can't say exactly what the difference will be for a 318 but it did wonders for my 4.7. Also look into an electric fan. I'm about to put one on my truck and it also frees up horsepower. After a while when you can better see what you want from your truck look into intakes, throttle bodies, cams, heads and headers but don't rush into anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.