DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there, getting a new muffler, and was thinking of changeing out the stock y pipe ive heard many stories on, so should i have it changed out,, and was wondering, what the part number i need for mine. Magnaflow is the brand im looking at. Thanks. 2005 Hemi ram. Thanks.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like 10778 is the one i need?

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also, would a place just be able to cut and swap the old with the new, or is there more to it than that.?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
all your eliminating is the stock restrictive area at the actual "Y" (never could understand why they did that)

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so should i have the get a new Magnaflow Y or not? This is the first time ive thought of doing this mod, and really dont know much about it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yes, thats the only way you can elminate the poorly designed stock junction.

·
Registered
178 Posts
also, would a place just be able to cut and swap the old with the new, or is there more to it than that.?
Yah, any repudible muffler shop should be able cut the old one out and weld the new one in with ease.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
For that kind of money I'll make my own. It's not that hard.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i talked to a muffler shop i ususally use,, and they said they could probally make something, but i'll let them look at the stock one, when im getting the new muffler put in.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
yeah, i talked to a muffler shop i ususally use,, and they said they could probally make something, but i'll let them look at the stock one, when im getting the new muffler put in.
Do it all at one time. ;)

All they'll do is cut out the stock Y, bend a couple of pipes, attach to new Y and you're done. :)

Sil

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Like SIL said, but just make sure they know your changing the stock one out due to the restrictions since its not damaged.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will do, i think i'll go ahead and order the magnaflow Y, #10778, and have them do both at the same time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.