DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and I just picked up a 2002 Ram Van Conversion. I love this thing and I hope to learn alot more about it by reading all your posts. It seems I just missed a great show at Carlisle this weekend (that sucks!).

Anyway, this is my first Conversion Van (actually, my first Van ever!!). It has a 5.2L and a (gulp!) 35 gallon gas tank. $65 to fill it up this morning (it only took 26 gallons) was a wake-up call!

So for my first lesson, what can I expect to see in gas mileage? I drive mostly suburban roads.

Here's a couple of pics. Hopefully this works.

Attachments

· Do It In A Van
8,067 Posts
Well...I have a '94 conversion with the 5.2L and 35 gal. tank. I drive roughly 210 miles a week . The fuel lasts me roughly 2 weeks, so that's 420 miles. Now I don't let the tank get to 'E' so I fill up when it's on the 1/4 mark, which is about 23-24 gals. So if I divide 420 by 23, I get 18.26 mpg and I drive an average of 70 mph on the highway. I don't think that's too bad considering it's a high-top conversion van built on a 3/4 ton chassis and weighs in at probably close to 5000 lbs. or more.

To be honest with you, I really don't pay attention to my mileage. I just fill up when I need to. I realize the van is not a Toyota so I'm not expecting 35mpg.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dodgevanman. Wow! I would love to get 18 mpg in my Van. I've been driving a '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee getting 12 mpg local and 15 highway for the past 6-1/2 years. Getting better mileage would be a bonus!! :rck:

I do realize my driving habits have to change. I have to become less aggressive. Hey what do you expect, I learned to drive in New Jersey!!!! We drive with one hand on the wheel to free up the other when it has to go out the window. :shoot:

Jules

· vanner
511 Posts
Last time I checked, 13 around town, 14-15 on the highway.

I have gotten as high as 17 on the highway If driving in convoy to an evant and taking it easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.