DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to starting buying billet gas caps and painting them to match the truck if people want them. I am just looking for a good gun that isnt to heavy on the pockets but not something to cheap either. Anyone here who paints that has a good recomendation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Don

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Believe it or not. For what you're doing, you'll have no problems with a harbor frieght HVLP gun. I believe they are around $30.. can find on sale for $15 time to time.

I painted this car with a HF gun!

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey mike didnt you pretty much teach youself how to paint? I dont wanna go back to college but been reading up on it alot, I want to start selling painted to match billet gas caps but not sure on what to price them as. mI think you can buy them for around 50 bux or so and then just charge for primer and paint. I just want to make some for some extra cash.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Your paint cost should be your concern if your just gonna do fuel caps.

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your paint cost should be your concern if your just gonna do fuel caps.
yea the paint will prob be kinda exspensive, but they dont make billet gas cap covers to match the truck paint, they only come in black,chrome and aluminum I think.

·
sabrestrike6
102 Posts
That's a great idea man, I know I would love to have mine matched now that I'm getting rid of the chrome. I bet you could make more than a few bucks off of that.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I like devilbiss guns

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I like devilbiss guns
I used Develbiss guns for years until somebody turned me on to a knock off of the D. Less than $100 and well worth it. Its all I use now, one for base color, one for clear and one for enamel. All 3 are less than the cost of a new D.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Well please do share the name. I love to save some money

·
Registered
612 Posts
Paint guns are like anything else. once you get used to using one, it doesn't matter what brand it is.

Number one tip: keep your gun clean! Clean it every time. Even if you think it does not need it. Because the next time you try to use it and you did not clean it last time, you will learn to curse in ways you did not know you could!

I learned to paint using the Binks "old no. 7" That thing would move some paint! Then I switched to the Devilbiss and have used them for years and years. Devilbiss are one of the best out there, but for small touch ups, door jams and small parts I use a harbor freight gun. I love it and it works great.

This one is not hvlp but it only needs about 40 psi and is a great little gun for small stuff.

http://www.harborfreight.com/touch-up-air-spray-gun-66871.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.