DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. Some people say gas is gas. Personally, I couldn't disagree more. I have been using BP for awhile, using different octanes in different cars/trucks as needed. I have one buddy who's hardcore Shell. I know another that uses the cheapest he can possibly find, but he tends to drive beaters anyhow.

What do you think?

· Registered
39 Posts
Personally, I used to use solely 76. Now i've moved to Chevron, and my truck seems to like it better. Runs smoother in general. Normally I use 87 octane but every once in a while i'll put 91 in.

· I'd rather be riding...
607 Posts
Whatever is cheapest that I can find. But I always stick to 89 octane. Gas is gas is gas IMO. Unless you are in Mexico.

· Creature Of The Wheel
8,879 Posts
i use midgrade, i believe its 87 or 89...at the same BP for the last 3-4 years.

· Big Green
8,340 Posts
What Sirhilton17 said cheepest at speedway

· Registered
13,580 Posts
i use the cheap 87 octane no matter what station.

· Be Cool!
987 Posts
I use 87 octane gas, as that's what my owner's manual recommends.

· Registered
576 Posts
chevron hands down.

· Registered
16 Posts
Gas is gas for the most part. Once I went to a ma and pa shop once with a gas can.(We ride a lot) I swear the fuel was brown. Suppose to have a light yellow tint to it normally. I have bought a lot of gas everywhere(we all do) and as long as you know they sell a lot of gas so its fresh, ie. Arco, Shell, Cheveron, Bp, whatever it should be fine. The smaller no name places tend to have fuel sit in their tanks longer, collecting rust and whatever from storage. I did a wireless install for BP Fuel is Socal and I think all the gas really comes form the same source.

· I'd rather be riding...
607 Posts
OneSlowRam said:
Gas is gas for the most part. Once I went to a ma and pa shop once with a gas can.(We ride a lot) I swear the fuel was brown. Suppose to have a light yellow tint to it normally. I have bought a lot of gas everywhere(we all do) and as long as you know they sell a lot of gas so its fresh, ie. Arco, Shell, Cheveron, Bp, whatever it should be fine. The smaller no name places tend to have fuel sit in their tanks longer, collecting rust and whatever from storage. I did a wireless install for BP Fuel is Socal and I think all the gas really comes form the same source.
What you said is kinda what I was aiming at with gas from Mexico except that gas has a tendency to have particulate in it so a pre-tank filter for filling up is a good idea ;) Fresh gas is the key tho. In a large(er) city, you can go to almost any gas station and be safe with the gas coming out of their tanks.

· Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
i bought texaco 87 octane and my truck pinged the whole tank. The only reason i filled up there was because it was close and convenient. Next time i filled up i got Shell and it quit pinging. Shell is what i normally buy.

· bigkuntry72
649 Posts
i little info for you guys. i drive a tanker and haul gas/diesel for a living. i know in my neck of the woods all the terminals to load at are within a few blocks, we service most of se wisconsin and some ne illinois. all the gas comes in on one big pipeline and branches off to different terminals. the only difference is the additives each brand puts in. for example, citgo/mobil are at the same terminal, but they have 1 tank for mobil additive and one for citgo additive. bp has their own terminal. we load shell gas at the u.s. oil terminal and the guy next to me there today was loading the same gas for a flying-j station. the unbranded mom and pop stations usually just use generic gas as does speedway. or check this out. yesterday we couldnt load for shell because they were out of theyre weekly allocation so loaded citgo gas and took it to a shell station. you really never know. i would just try to stick to the same place all the time. i personally always go to the same shell station.

· MYTYT
1,514 Posts
I use 91 oct. no matter what. Sometimes from conoco or shell, but I dont have a favorite. As long as its 91. I dont use BP tho, on account of all of BP gasolines have 10% ethanol in them.

I recently made a trip to Tenn. & got some of the good stuff! Sunoco 93!! Good stuff indeed!

· Registered
3,452 Posts
King Z-ster said:
American-owned gas stations only.
Also nothing from Citgo.. :gr_patrio

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.