DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Started with 11 in town and 17 on the highway. But with all the modifications im up to bout 14 in if I take it easy and 18-19 on the highway. It just depends on what speed I drive at on the highway.

What you get?

·
Registered
150 Posts
i average 16 for the most part but hope to improve it a little bit with my programmer i have ordered

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
I average 16-17 mixed driving and 20-21 on the highway.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
:DHere is the magical equation

Stay off the throttle + stop blowing that black smoke= Better mileage!

Its not rocket science:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started with 11 in town and 17 on the highway. But with all the modifications im up to bout 14 in if I take it easy and 18-19 on the highway. It just depends on what speed I drive at on the highway.

What you get?
I dont have a Cummins yet. I am looking at getting rid of my 1995 dodge ram 1500 with a 318. And I was just curious of fuel mileage you guys get with the Cummins.

But with my 318, I only get like 9-10 in winter and 11-12 in summer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
wow you guys are getting quite low, i just calculated my mileage and i average 28 mpg but yet again i dont blow black some and i do the speed limit so i guess thats why...

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
wow you guys are getting quite low, i just calculated my mileage and i average 28 mpg but yet again i dont blow black some and i do the speed limit so i guess thats why...
Yours is extremely high based on what I have seen. I do not blow black smoke either, although I do have a heavy right foot.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've never heard of anyone getting 28 MPG but I'm happy for you! I get 15-17 city and 18-20 Hwy (as said earlier if you watch your speed). Keep you RPMs below 2000 on the highway. You should get it. You won't regret it. Even with diesel being slightly more $ than gas the difference in mileage more than makes up for it with more power and longevity as a bonus. The mileage gains are even more significant if you tow.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
2002_cimmins, how the hell are you getting 28? No way, I run 60-65 on the highway and best I can het is 24 if its a straight shot. And thats turning right at 1600rpm. At 70 I turn 1850rpm and make bout 19-20. And I have 33"s with 3.55s..... What the hell?

·
Registered
29 Posts
ive got a buddy who has a 6.0L PSD and he only avg 14 mpg.. but then again he has 4" lift and 37's but i dont know if that has anything to do with the poor mileage. anyway i just thought i would post this...

·
Registered
118 Posts
16 Mpg very constant back road , 20.5 avg hwy and I am always on pedel to the metal.
I get better milage with my auto than with my stick. Although the stick is a 2wd, 3500 has stock 16" on it and 4:11 Rear and it is a 6 speed. I like the auto much better. I do have over 230,000 on each truck.

Go fast go. OF

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.