Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dodge Power
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I want to upgrade my exhaust from single to dual-pipe. But i have aluminum runningboards on my van. What setup should i have?

Setup 1: Dual 3" pipes all the way back and and dual tailpipe on the same location as original?

Setup 2: Dual 3" pipes, modified ends on the runningboards on both sides, and sidepipes?

Setup 3: Shortened Runningboard on left side and dual 3" sidepipe on left side?

My fueltank is to big and located to the right side so i can´t have 3" pipes on both sides of the tank :(

(Sorry for my bad english, i´m a swede :) )

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If you have the 5.2 litre (318 CID) I would not go any larger than 2 1/4" pipe. I also like to get the exhaust out the back.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
It's as large as the early 360's manifold outputs are.... I have a 360 with dual 2-1/4" pipes that exit on the drivers side and it's plenty for a good breathing engine.... I got mine from JC whitney and it's made by heartrob exhaust. (I did half the modify the front section as they were 2" so the would also fit the 318 manifolds.)
As to size. To much isn't always better and decreases the velocity of the gasses so they don't scavenge well thus reducing low rpm torque.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.