DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting the Viper 791xv with remote start installed today.....they had to take the internals out of one of my keys and put it in the viper unit to let it start the truck. So now im only left with one key.....what key can i buy off ebay that will work with my 06. I would like to get one that doesnt have the unlock and lock on the key....i would like to get a key that are like the old dodge keys before they started putting the key fob on the key it self.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Why not get one from the dealer? Atleast they can tell you what will work.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cause the dealer usually charges more...and i dont trust them

·
3,401 Posts
You are too much! Lol. It's just a key, I bet you can get a sentry key from '02-'05 and be good to go.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the keys were different for the 06-07's since mine has the Key FOB to unlock and lock the doors on it. I think i found some on ebay...ill have to take it to a local lock smith for them to program it tho..

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Actually they are different for 06's, I had to get a spare since the factory remote key wont fit my putco handles. Here is who I bought mine from on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-0...020QQitemZ300048610323QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And actually the dealer wanted over $50 for a new key.

You will need to take it down and have the key cut and then follow the instructions for programming included with the key.

·
3,401 Posts
Shoulda thrown your name in here in the first place, Lol. Glad you knew.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok...thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.