DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the "clip" thing is on the overhead console in the 2nd gen Dakotas? Everytime someone new gets in my truck and they ask, i don't know what to tell them. Finding out is as much for them as it is for me (okay, that's stretching it).

Also, there is some little red thing (button, LED, i dunno) right under my steering column. What is it?

Quizzically,
Derek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
That clip is a mystery......nothing stays in there unless it's a couple of envelopes, but then it blocks the map lights.

The little red thing......mystery
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,865 Posts
A picture would help alot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
business card holder is the only thing that I have used if for and not blocked the lights, mind you it only holds about 4 or 6 of them
the red light not sure, did you buy new or used could be part of an alarm that use to be there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
money clip...but I dont know why you would put money there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Tonkas Mom said:
That clip is a mystery......nothing stays in there unless it's a couple of envelopes, but then it blocks the map lights.

The little red thing......mystery

:IDEA:
If you stored your Map there then you could use the light to read it once the Map is removed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
25bandit said:
business card holder is the only thing that I have used if for and not blocked the lights, mind you it only holds about 4 or 6 of them
the red light not sure, did you buy new or used could be part of an alarm that use to be there
But if you only had 1 or 2 business cards, they wouldn't stay there either. I think it's a useless piece of plastic added to make us go "hmmmmmm".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Keep your speeding tickets there!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
its a filler piece inplace of the overhead display. why it says clip is beyond me. its totally useless, Thats why i removed it and glassed that area smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
what are you guys talking about? i look at my truck and i dont see what you guys are talking about... anyone got a pic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Clip?

It's the eighth wonder of the world, and moving up on the list, lol. I used it for sunglasses (with the wire sides) but it's a pain to put them back in while driving. Now I use it for my miileage log since I use my truck for work it comes in handy for that. My dealer didn't have a clue when I bought the truck new, imagine that!?
Dakota :gr_patrio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
It's for whatever you want to put in it, as far as the red light, do you have the factory alarm? If so this is the indicator light.
 

·
BC Fisher
Joined
·
43 Posts
I was thinking of cutting out the section where the clip goes and making it into a cubby hole or some kind of mounting station for my sat radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
BCDakota said:
I was thinking of cutting out the section where the clip goes and making it into a cubby hole or some kind of mounting station for my sat radio.
theres like an inch or so of clearance back there, on mine anyway yours is the newer style console, i was gong to do something like that for mine, where my sunglasses holder flipps down i was going to mount xm there, but swapped the newer homelink in my 2000 instead
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top