DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me twice now, the first time just after i bought the truck backing up at a gas station and the most recent while backing up in my driveway... It only happens in reverse, and it is a clicking sort of sound, i cant pinpoint where exactly it is coming from, but it seems like the trans.... It kind of sounds like when you put baseball cards on your bike and they ran through the spokes.. but a little bit higher pitch... any ideas? When it does it there isnt any noticeble change other than the sound..

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
My 2002 4.7L did the same thing to me a handful of times. Seemed like the tranny was outta whack witht he clicking sound. Someone explained what it was once, but I don't remember. No problems so far with my current one though.

KB

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Mine does this as well, all my cars have done this. No worries, keep on Slinkin' in your case. NICE AVATAR :rck:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
All DCX vehicles do this!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well.. good to know its normal.... both my previous cars were gm and didnt do anything like that, but i did destroy the trans in my 78 caprice .. so i am naturally a little paranoid about these things.... Heh.. and about the avatar... the name came from a night we were watching football and the ref made one too many bad calls and the nearest thing i had was a slinky... threw it across the room and hit a guy in the chest and left a welt.... thus the slinkyofrage was born....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.