DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

And where can I get one? FYI it's a connector for hooking 2 ends of parking brake cable together. No luck at the stealership, all they said they could order was the whole cable, and even then didn't know if this would come with. They just combined stores with the same owner's GM dealer :YUK: so I wasn't overly confident with the parts guy and the Mopar guy was gone for the day.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's another one near the front of the truck. I had to cut it in half to get the cable apart while installing the body lift.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I didn't unhook mine when I installed my body lift. I couldn't get it to open to let the cable loose and didn't want to cut it because I would have a parking brake. I had enough play so I just checked after I finished the install.

But I would check with the dealer when the Mopar guy is in or maybe check with the local autoparts store.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I take it you only have one dealership in town then?? I would have thought that those conectors could have been bent to unfasten the parking brake. That sucks.

·
YUP GOT A HEMI
178 Posts

And where can I get one? FYI it's a connector for hooking 2 ends of parking brake cable together. No luck at the stealership, all they said they could order was the whole cable, and even then didn't know if this would come with. They just combined stores with the same owner's GM dealer :YUK: so I wasn't overly confident with the parts guy and the Mopar guy was gone for the day.
It's called a brake cable connector and you should be able to get it at your local auto parts store. Wagner/Raybestos/Bendix all offer that part in their catalogue.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't unhook mine when I installed my body lift. I couldn't get it to open to let the cable loose and didn't want to cut it because I would have a parking brake. I had enough play so I just checked after I finished the install.

But I would check with the dealer when the Mopar guy is in or maybe check with the local autoparts store.
How did you get it through the new bracket? Or did you not use it?

I will try when the Mopar guy is back, but I saw the diagram the other parts guy was looking at and it didn't list just that connector.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's called a brake cable connector and you should be able to get it at your local auto parts store. Wagner/Raybestos/Bendix all offer that part in their catalogue.
Thanks I'll try that today. I guess I just assumed they wouldn't have it if Chrysler didn't.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take it you only have one dealership in town then?? I would have thought that those conectors could have been bent to unfasten the parking brake. That sucks.
Yes only one dealer. The same person owns GM and Chrysler stores which used to be 2 separate dealerships, but he moved everything to the GM store a few months ago to consolidate. I can't really say that I blame him, he is trying to keep everyone employed, and it's probably not the best time to be a car dealer in a town of 5000 people in this economy.

As for the connectors there's a little tab that holds the end of the cable in. But after 7 years of crud getting in there they didn't want to budge even after releasing that. And frankly I didn't want to make a 5 minute job an hour project when I thought I could just go get a new connector.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't suppose you'd have a part number? I struck out at the parts store and tried Raybestos and Bendix websites with no luck either. Couldn't find one for Wagner.

·
I like cheese
688 Posts
The green sticker has the last half of the part number for a parking brake extension cable (p/n 52010067AA)

I'll check the dealer locator tomorrow, see if I can find a dealer around me with it and ask if thats connected.

Where in MO are you located?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The green sticker has the last half of the part number for a parking brake extension cable (p/n 52010067AA)

I'll check the dealer locator tomorrow, see if I can find a dealer around me with it and ask if thats connected.

Where in MO are you located?
Eldon. Lloyd Belt is the dealer here. I guess I'll try salvage yards next week I hate to buy a whole cable for one little clip.

·
I like cheese
688 Posts
Thats just a little bit north of Versailles, isnt it?

Sorry I couldn't give any more help.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it is. And I appreciate your efforts.

·
Registered
515 Posts
How did you get it through the new bracket? Or did you not use it?

I will try when the Mopar guy is back, but I saw the diagram the other parts guy was looking at and it didn't list just that connector.
I just didn't use the bracket. I had enough play to not need it. I will probably install it in the future though.

·
Teenage Road Hazard
1,450 Posts
you couldnt get it unlatched? all i did was clamp the wire on the side closer to the gas tank to the frame, then used vise grips to pull the front. push the parking brake in all the way, it gives you more slack. just let it out gently

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.