DodgeTalk Forum banner

What is the best mod you have done to your ride?

• Cold Air Intake

Votes: 55 16.0%
  • Throtle Body

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • Intake Manafold

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Roller Rockers

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Cam

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • Headers

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Cat Back

Votes: 66 19.2%
  • Performance PCM/Programer

Votes: 70 20.4%
  • Ignition (MSD6a, wires plugs....)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 105 30.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
So in talking w/ the service writer last night over my Hemi truck. I posed the question what power stuff I can do for the engine, He recommends CAI and exhaust headers. Then asked the question, what about these power programmers? He said that on the old engines, Gen I & 2 Durango's, older Ram's, and Dak's, these work great and did not VOID Warrantee. Now on the New Versions out now, these Will Void Warrantee's, They have built a auxillary clock located in another part of the Computer system. So when you flash the new program in and store the old program (And count up clock in Hours) Their is a seconds clock located somewhere else. Service writer had a ram CTD come in with a thrown rod @ 55K miles, they read the computer and found the flash hours not matching the seconds timer, the truck now has no engine Warrantee, owner had to spend out of pocket to get engine fixed,
So if someone on here has connection with Hypertech or Superchips, Bulldog, What is their legal stand point on keeping the Warrantee valid? I thought I read somewhere that the Hypertech are legal and will not void Warrantee. Somewhere else I read Superchips can void Warrantee. Who has answers, especially if you will have to use the Warrantee later with this type of Mod!?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tires and wheels. My new Toyo Proxes 305/50-20's give waayyyy more traction than the stock goodyears. And they look way cooler, too. It's a different truck in the rain, too (And we have lots of rain around here).

·
Registered
392 Posts
SCT Tuner hands down!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Gears

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Gears....! 4.56's

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
4.56 Gears

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
my intake and exhaust

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
On my 04 HEMI best mod was GEARS=4:56

On my 06 CTD DiabloSport Predator

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i love the combo of my AFE high Breather intake and Borla Pro exhaust, saaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeet!!!

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I would say turbo or supercharger if I had one, I can only dream though.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Thinking back on all the mods I've done, I think paying it off was the best one so far. It has made it so other mods aren't so expensive.

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
my best mod is me driving it

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
GEARS!!!! 4:56 gears

·
DeeGladiator
1,218 Posts
what's in my sig