DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys. im at the point where i dont know what i need next. the trans is good, ive got an edlebrock pro flow, 3 inch exhaust cat back, cat semi hollow, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, hypertech PPIII, 180* thermostat, high flow water pump. what is next? i want to feel the difference. i havent done headers, high flow cat, RR's, cam, or a custom chip. truck has 3.54s and currently has 33's on it. im going to put my 31 inch toyos back on to get some snap back....

tips?

Dom
p.s. found this vid on youtube....turbo'd 360 reg cab short box :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwhmNR1OLXU&feature=related

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i guess some headers along with a Magnaflow Hiflow ypipe and cat would prolly please you. I got both of those & it gave it a little more pep & made it sound a litttle more aggressive. I have shorties, but if you wanna pay more, I've heard longtubes are better. But I didn't feel like paying that much for a header. Maybe a crank pulley after the headers & cat. After those mods then maybe get some big mods like a rr or cam if your not satisfied.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You could also put an electric fan on as well. Other members here have done that, and supposedly you can feel the difference with one. There is less rotating mass on the crank, that frees up some horsepower, and will give you slightly higher mileage. That is one of the next things on my list of "to-do's" for my truck. I just ordered my tune-up, headers, and magnaflow high flow cat for my truck. Going to install them at the same time, which I'm hoping to give me a bit more in the seat of my pants dyno.

Only thing I'm worried about with the headers and new cat, that my truck is going to get LOUD, more then it is already. It doesn't "technically" have a muffer, just a resonator and is already 3" from the cat back. I actually failed emissions due to it being 94dB at idle, and the limit is 93dB at 2000RPM's, which at that RPM it was reading 101-105dB.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my buddy has a shop that does stickers, he doesnt really care. so long tubes, high flow y pipe, a crank pulley, and electric fan setup...has anyone done a flex-a-lite fan to any success?

Dom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.