DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first purchased the car the bank gave me a check for 11,500 for it the retail was like 13,500 and they gave me a certain percentage. Now my credits better and I only owe 6500 on it. I went to get an equity loan as there are a few things I need to take care of around the house and on the car. I asked for 3500 at first which they approved but I need more so i asked for 7500 and I now have to get it appraised.

I am afraid as I have no idea what it would be appraised at or who appraises vehicles like this in my area. But should I see how much I can get without appraisal or should it appraise at the minimum of 14 grand it is insured for 15 grand right now through haggerty.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the 440ci was once a six pack motor but they got rid of the 6 pack setup and i dont know how much that will hurt its value. its got the original paint with some defects, the original interior and 46000 original miles no rust no bondo to my knowledge just a very solid car

· Registered
150 Posts
Valueing cars is a nightmare, over here, (UK), l had to get mine valued, the insurance company use a 'rodder' to do this, and he valued mine way too low, (in my opinion), so l left it at market value. I think this is way more than he thought!!!!

· Originating Member
33,474 Posts
there's a Magazine called "Collector Car Market Review" that will give you an idea - they publish updated pricing each month, I believe

they also have an online guide

http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/menus/makes.htm

but if you want something for equity purposes, I don't know if these kinda figures will count

Is there a Muscle Car dealer anywhere around you ? Sometimes those places will do a complete evaluation ( I would bet it would cost around 150 bucks )

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well i had one appraisal done who valued it at 16,500 and liked the fact it was most the orginial paint and etc,,, with 46k original miles. I called the bank and they said they can only accept the one businesses appraisal which they never informed me of after they said it had to be appraised at my cost. So now I have to wait all weekend to get the report on monday after it was appraised not once but twice.

Also that site Ramman is way off on my car they do not factor in engine swaps and in fact say it lowers the value. so them saying my car is worth 2500-5000 on the guide i say they are on crack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.