DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok; changed my battery the other day and I thought I would change these out since
they looked kinda old ( so do I ) I took the picture to three local parts chains and the young ones there couldn't tell me what they are. I assume it is the starter solenoid and?

[url]http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/bobo37/?action=view&current=DSCF1321.jpg[/url][/ IMG]

Also where do you get that gauge of wire shown in the pix

Thanks; SW:tup:

And now back to Mopar OEM.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Look in the boat stores for that gauge wire - they sell it by the foot.

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
The item in the lower right with 2 wires on it looks like an isolation diode. The larger item looks likes a solenoid to engage a second battery into the charging system. Was this ever a two battery system?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, this is a Coachman min-motor home and has two batteries on it. The converter on it is dead but I'm going to change it out ( one day )

SW

·
Registered
156 Posts
In that case, it probably is a battery isolator. In which case, you'll find a replacement either at a boat store or an RV dealer with a parts store.

·
Registered
156 Posts
No problem.

Mine's a little different, but mine's a '73. It's a Progressive Dynamics.

Oh, I just remembered...I've seen isolators at places like Pep Boys, too.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
Is that red wire coming off the battery the only one, or is there another one about the same size? The battery post is just off the left side of the picture so I can't tell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.