Votes: 59 79.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if... the new Dakotas started coming out with the Hemi engines? I mean, they're dropping them into everything else... why not have a Hemi 'Kota?

If they did... would you have thought about one of those instead of a fullsize?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I voted no way because i got kids and i need all the room i can get but if it werent for the kids then i would in a heart beat. i was about to get one before i got the hemi, but i think the dakota is the best of both worlds not to small not to big.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Nope, not big enough and it would still look like a new Dakota :tdwn:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nope, not even if it came with two Hemi's. Besides, judging by the miles I put on, they can't put a Hemi in a Dakota because Dakotas are extinct.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Nope .....Still Take My Ram!!!!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
not even a thought in my mind,!!! No Dak for me

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
I need a full size truck more than I actually need power. I like to deer hunt and to put my tree stand and my friends stand in the same truck is a must. I know that I could fit them in a smaller truck but I like to have some extra room. I haul 4x8 plywood sometimes and need the full size.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Tommyboy1 said:
not even a thought in my mind,!!! No Dak for me
Not even a little itsy bitsy tiny speckle of a thought about owned a Dak crossed my mine...lol

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Availability of a Hemi engine would not sway my decision one way or another. I considered a four-door Dakota Sport 4x4 as an alternative to the truck I have now, along with a Durango SXT 4x4, and in the end the truck I have won out. My Ram has a 360, the Dakota and Durango at the time had 4.7's. I never really thought about that though when I was making my decision.

My next vehicle will be a car. And it will most likely have a Hemi engine. But the Hemi in the trucks versus what I have now isnt so much better that it would change my mind if I were buying another truck.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
i loved the old dak's the new ones i cant get used to. they are yuck to me

·
Registered
187 Posts
I voted no because I have 2 kids to lug around, I like big trucks and to be honest I dont like the new look of the dakotas.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
xxumattuxx said:
i loved the old dak's the new ones i cant get used to. they are yuck to me
A little wierd looking huh?

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
kicksave said:
A little wierd looking huh?
A lot more than a little. :tdwn:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, the look of them is what would keep me away... hell, that IS what kept me from getting a Dakota now. But if it had been the last body style... then I'd think.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Yea, the look of them is what would keep me away... hell, that IS what kept me from getting a Dakota now. But if it had been the last body style... then I'd think.
I would take a Stratus over a Dak then and now anyday. :rck:

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Bubba, they look really good with a small lift and some bigger tires. I have seen several now in my area like that, one black one I keep trying to catch parked somewhere so I can put a DT flyer on his windshield. The new design has grown on me!

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I like my big twuck....

I traded my '97 3.9 Dak Sport CC for the Ram I have now. I was so impressed with the Dak (my first DC purchase), the Ram just seemed a logical choice. Bigger, more gid-gadgets, and ...a V8!

Even growing up in a GM family, I've decided I'll always have a full-size Dodge truck (although I may just be restoring old 3rd Gen Rams if the future ones are any uglier than the '06's, lol). I've gotten more attached to my Ram than I have to any of my cars or trucks in quite a few years.

·
Registered
476 Posts
yellowbee said:
I would have really liked a HEMI in my old one.
What was wrong with the 318??????? I liked your old truck!!!! :rck: :rck: :rck:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.