DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im getting the 305/70/17 buckshot tires..i have a 4x2 RC 3.7L.. what will i need to do, like a 2 inch body lift?? new shocks?? new gears?? anything else im not saying would help to know..thanks alot..

also im getting rid of the 20's if interested let me know..im prob going to go with the stock rims or the black rock crawlers havent decided yet tho..help on that too..

also if anyone has a black truck post a pic please an let me know what you've done to it and all to give me some more ideas..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are you still planning to drop it? If so, you'll need to find a different set of tires. Coil spacers should do it if you don't care about the ride. The body lift would work too. As far as the gears go, I don't know what you have. I'm guessing around ( I know it's not exact) 3:42 or so. It'll still run but I'd suggest at least a 4:10 or so with the V6. You can expect crappy performance with your factory gears and those size tires. How do the 20's you have on it now do? What size tires are they? They prob. aren't as big as you want to go so expect what you have now but worse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no im not dropping it anymore...gotta delete that..

but yea, im not sure what gears i have or anything..i have 275/60 tires on there now i believe,and its not that bad..still get around 400 miles to a tank and still have power an everything..

but would i have to do a 2inch lift if i put 305s on??

·
Registered
560 Posts
No, the 305's will fit on a bone stock ram... no torsion bar cranking, no nothing. I know this because that is what I have.

the gears is an issue where you will get different opinions. People say you see less performance, and should upgrade, but I didn't. I don't know what I have, but I'm sure it's not 4.10

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
he has a 2wd you might need the lift I'm not sure

have them test fitted

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea now that would be nice!!!! but seriously i need to know b/c im needing to know what to get before i just go and buy or not buy something i need..thanks for your alls info,anyone else let me in on anything??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
couldnt i just lift the front like 2in and leave the rear bc the way it sits already??

b/c if i gotta PA 2in body lift wouldnt it raise the rear 2 more inches higher then the front and still be un even??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where would i find these at??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tyvm for your alls info on helping me with everything..thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status